Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > Member Reviews & Reports > Scooters

Old 02-23-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
1999 Yamaha Zuma
by msiger919 msiger919 is offline 02-23-2018, 07:25 AM

Like to here what you people think of this scooter. I got a chance to buy one for $750 that is in real nice shape, stock with just under 2k miles on it. Looking for any info/experience with this model you can relate. I have had a few 2002 to 2005 Zumas and loved them. It looks different, but wondering if I would have the same experience with this earlier model. Thanks in advance, Mike in NH>

Views: 4276
Old 02-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #2

I have a mint 98 Zuma with 2400 miles, the one with front and rear drum brakes. Paid $400 plus an additional $150 in tires and small parts. They are vertical series motors. Fun to tune but I have no urge to mess with mine. I do have extra engine cases for a verty so stock may change one day. Been there and did that when I had a 2001 Zuma I used to own. Full liquid conversion. Scooter Swap Shop will be your friend for performance parts. He loves the vert motors. Cheap Cycle Parts has some new parts still in stock also for OEM.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #3

If you decide to go with a Stage 1 (variator and exhaust) dont waste your money on a Yasuni Z exhaust. Yes, the Zuma hit almost 50 mph with it installed but I lost ALL my off the line acceleration. I forgot I had a tuning roller set for the Malossi Multivar 200, but note that it ran the same with the stock variator also. So, being lazy, I just put it back to stock and left it alone. Oh, and the Yasuni Z is a pain to install. No wiggle room were it connects to the cylinder. I like the Yasuni R exhaust on the bug-eyes but got the Z on the vert for some weird reason.

Login or Register to Remove Ads