Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 08-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #1

Doh! Donfang150cc tkb trike/ Engine brand?

Just bought this 2013 with 26 miles on it very cheap. at about 20-mph or a little above, the cdi is restricting. I want to replace with a timing adjustable non restricted cdi. 2- things>I can`t tell what brand of engine is in it and I can`t tell where the current cdi is located. Someone please help

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #2

There is a mirco switch on your swing ,unlocks it controls you speed of you trike you should start there and no were else first.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #3

If you look down by the swing lock pivot behind unit down under by fender, look with a light you will see 2 wires and a switch I jumped my out for now because my cable that controls the lock broke. I only hope you have took it all apart for a minor problem to fix?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #4

Interesting machine... I think this is a parts catalogue for it. Looks like a typical GY6 150 engine to me. Page 22 shows an Overspeed governor ... I'd be looking for for the CDI where the 150cc scooters have them on the frame under the seat or behind the front cowl. I'd also be careful about defeating the overspeed governor. Seems they might have a front wheels shimmy problem. http://www.df-motor.com/MLC/Parts%20...0TKA(2014).pdf

Tags
cdi location?on it?, engine brand