Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2018, 06:33 AM   #1

Cold Start Issue

Good Day Fellow Riders

Ok, so I have a Vuka XR125 with stock clone GY6 equipment. She stood for a year or so until I needed to use her as my main means of transport. When I leave for work in the afternoon she starts within a split second of pushing the starter button and idles nice and high till the Auto enricher engages and then idles fine.

The issue I'm having is getting her started in the morning. I can crank her till i'm blue in the face and the battery eventually dies, she will only cold start if I squirt a bit of petrol on the air filter and then keep her revved until she warms up. She stands outside under the carport but i'm now at the stage of wanting to wrap the old girl up in a blanket to keep her warm LOL.

Here's what I have done from reading many many posts and youtube videos to try and alleviate the cold start issue.

1. Drained and put fresh 10w40 oil, lower viscosity for the cold weather
2. Stripped, cleaned and reassembled Carb & Jets
3. New Spark plug
4. New Fuel, Vacuum lines and filter, checked intake for cracks and leaks, none.
5. Adjusted tappets to 0.005 on both intake and exhaust valves
6. Checked Auto enricher is working, it is retracted cold and extended once warm so it is functioning fine.

So, does anyone have a suggestion on what I might be missing? Once again, the issue seems to be fuel related only when bike is cold overnight.

Thanking you guys in advance for the advice

Login or Register to Remove Ads