Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2014, 02:16 AM   #1

bought a 2012 jmstar with a GY6 need help

Well to keep the story short and sweet i have a 2011 JMstar, 6,469 miles, that needs a replacement crank, where the variator goes has broken off, i need help finding out what im missing, i was given alot of parts with the scooter and would like to get it running again for as cheaply as possible considering theyre not valued at much when running,

I have 4 heads, a spare gy6 crank (needs piston rod) a brand new gy8 crank (i know i cant use it) (anyone want to trade for a gy6??)

I have a 100cc big bore and head kit, i know im missing the guide sleeves for the jug, head and rocker cover (if i need them for that), im missing everything from the belt drive for the CVT back to the crank bearing (had to cut it all off due to previous owner welding it on) and i need an intake elbow that goes to the carb from the head, a trottle cable, and misc motor bolts and nuts, i like this little scooter and would love to see ot running again, i also need wrist pin locks also,

If someone can post up pics of every componant of the GY6 so i can inventory what i do and dont have that would be awsome, ill also take pics of everything i have and post them up tgat way someone can tell me what im missing, oh im also missing the exhaust, most of the things im missing the previous owner is going to look for, so ill update with what i get.

Thanks guys

Login or Register to Remove Ads