Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 09-18-2021, 05:43 PM   #1

2013 vino needs help

Hello all. I saw this forum and was hoping someone could help me figure out why my vino isn't running. Its a 2013 50cc. Has about 300 miles on it. Ran great when it was put up. Sat for months. When it wouldn't start, I emptied the fuel and replaced. But I didn't do anything to the carb. Sent the injector off to have it professionally cleaned. They didn't find anything wrong with it. Here's what it does. Starter turns over quickly and without the injector attached to the fuel hose, fuel pumps out of the hose. With the injector attached to fuel hose but not bolted in, no fuel spray comes from the injector. I'm not even sure if fuel should spray with the injector not bolted in. I really don't want to take it to the shop and was hoping it may be something fairly simple that one of yall could point me to. Thanks in advance for any help.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2021, 10:13 AM   #2

Do you have a service manual or access to one? I ask because the service manual will walk you thru the trouble shooting step by step. The newer fuel injected Vino is complex but reliable. How many 50cc scooters have fuel injection and liquid cooling? I had a friend with a Honda Metro and he was to cheap to buy a service manual, would just rather download a free one on his tiny phone and endlessly scroll looking for the chapter he needed.

If I were to guess I would check the fuel pump. It has the test procedure in the service manual. Also make sure the kill switch is in the ON position. I've fallen for the kill switch in OFF before, very embarrassing!
Old 09-30-2021, 10:17 AM   #3

Ok. I do have the manual. Yesterday I removed the injector and used a medicine dropper filled with fuel. I dropped gas into where injector was removed and cranked. Ran great as long as I kept dropping fuel. Even though I can hear the fuel pump when I turn on the ignition, maybe it’s not pumping with enough pressure to push the fuel through the injector? I guess I’ll go ahead and buy a new fuel pump and see what happens. I appreciate your reply.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #4

I met someone with a 4-stroke Zuma 50cc (same motor) and he had the exact same problem. He bought it used from a small used car dealership and it was very well taken care of and ran great. Then one day it wouldn't start. Same symptoms as yours. I never did find out how he got it running again but he promptly sold it after that. I tried to reach out to him but cannot find him now. I see the Zuma and Vino 50cc 4-strokes running around all the time, some with crazy high miles as well, so the quality is there. Let us know what you discover when you get it running.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:10 PM   #5

It was the fuel pump. Put a new one in and it runs great!! Thanks for your help