Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 09-10-2023, 03:28 PM   #1

24 spline wheel

My project became pig in poke when I found axle nut gone and typical spline damage. As the wheel seems unavailable has anyone swapped to a 19 spline wheel and hub. I was happy to find electrics all work and engine fires up. It is a 250 Reflex clone

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-11-2023, 03:40 PM   #2

A little surfing found some interesting epoxy style fixes for splines on a “Heavy Equipment “ forum. I might red Loctite the nut as the manual says retighten @600 mile increments. But maybe not as my buddy who’s been in cycle repair 40 years says soft wheel metal creates loosening. He gave me an axle nut to replace the missing piece. Someone may have done a hack top end job as I found pieces of gasket in the oil screen. The oil was a quart over but if the same hack checked it on side stand that’s a possibility. It fired up on spray so I’ll clean carb and tank to try gas run. All the electrical works fine so just iron out any fuel issues like pump and petcock and order some GLUE!!??
Old 09-22-2023, 05:58 PM   #3

Chinese Confushiousness

After more digging I find mine has 12

Login or Register to Remove Ads