Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #1

Benelli K2 100cc Acceleration & Top Speed Issues

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I hope that someone could help me out with an issue I'm having.

I have a Benelli K2 100 (2 Stroke), It's all standard apart from a Endy Performance exhaust and 5G rollers (Rollers are near new). The problem I have found is that from a stand still it will have great acceleration up until about 40mph, then it drops off and at 50mph it sounds like it's going to blow up! I have achieved a top speed of 55mph on a good day, but have read posts saying that the top speed should be between 60-70mph (In a stock form). I am also a light rider, weighing 9 stone (126 Pounds). Does the 60-70mph seem a bit to ambitious?

The other issue is that if I take the bike down to 10mph or so then try to accelerate full throttle (Or any position), the acceleration is not as good as it is from a stand still. It's like the RPM's rise slowly and are not as high. Also, from a stand still it pulls a little slow up to about 5 mph then shoots off, the RPM's then drop a little at 20. The bike has 5100 miles on it, from new. Air-Filter is clean, and plug is near new. Drive belt is fine and looks OK.

Any advice? Or is this completely normal?

Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #2

When you put on the exhaust did you rejet?
Old 09-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
When you put on the exhaust did you rejet?
Nope, when I bought the bike it had an Arrow exhaust on with a bigger chamber then mine. I dont know if that exhaust was from stock or put on by prev owner. If so, then I guess it was set up to that so I didn't think there would be any need to re-jet as the endy would be roughly the same. I had to remove the arrow exhaust though because the top part of the pipe that bolts onto manifold was non-existent..

I'll look into the Jetting though, Thanks for the reply.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Snek; 09-02-2013 at 02:58 PM.