Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 06-22-2018, 05:32 PM   #1

LED H7 150cc Scooter Headlights

Hello all, not too long ago my cousin replaced my regular stick headlights for some LED headlights I bought from a friend and they both worked right until one of them blew out, so only one was working, so I ordered some more, different ones from Amazon. Now the problem is that if I conn for them wrong will they blow out? I followed the cables my cousin had connected to the old ones and I turned on the scooter so the lights can turn on and they do, but I’m guessing they will turn on anyways if I out negative on positive and positive in negative? Either way I don’t want to blow the lights off. I have some pictures of he wiring and the lights and the H7 connector to add to the lights so I can just plug them in but I’m considera as to what is positive and negative because their different colors. Any help would be appreciated.

imgur.com/a/ObNhKDY

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-22-2018, 05:47 PM   #2

As far as lights, the positive tend to be any color(black, purple, pink, blue, white, light or dark green). Where as the negative (or the return line) is the regular green color. Same green color as you should have on negative side of your battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterrookie View Post
As far as lights, the positive tend to be any color(black, purple, pink, blue, white, light or dark green). Where as the negative (or the return line) is the regular green color. Same green color as you should have on negative side of your battery.

i have the pictures posted. so which ones are negative and positive? sorry kinda new to this.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:46 AM   #4

iDon, from your lights red is hot, black is return/ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2018, 06:03 PM   #5

Quote:
iDon, from your lights red is hot, black is return/ground.

So the red negative and the black is positive? Also I want them to be high and low beam, how would I go about that? I believe the blue wires there are foe low and high beam but where to I connect them to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 06-25-2018, 05:09 PM   #6

Red is positive and black is negative.
Your previous bulbs were they hi and low within one bulb or they are separate? If you have them separate than I highly doubt you’ll be able to operate those aftermarket
Ights.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Red is positive and black is negative.
Your previous bulbs were they hi and low within one bulb or they are separate? If you have them separate than I highly doubt you’ll be able to operate those aftermarket
Ights.

They are hi and low within one light.
How can I get them to work like that? And thanks for your help brother. You ha e Skype or discord?

Old 06-26-2018, 04:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDon View Post
They are hi and low within one light.
How can I get them to work like that? And thanks for your help brother. You ha e Skype or discord?

In that case than you should be good by just connecting power from scooter to your lights (red) and ground (green) to black wire of your lights. And no I don’t have skype or discord?? Never heard of discord...

Old 06-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #9

Quote:
In that case than you should be good by just connecting power from scooter to your lights (red) and ground (green) to black wire of your lights. And no I don’t have skype or discord?? Never heard of discord...

Ok here’s the picture of the original wiring. I have 2 of the same scooters, well I just got it actually lol. So I guess the blue is the high beam, white low beam and green power? Now how would I connect that to the adapter H4 adapter which has only a black and red wire?

https://imgur.com/a/hdXtEnh

Here’s my real question

https://imgur.com/a/gO8Wm4H

Old 06-27-2018, 01:26 PM   #10

LED H7 150cc Scooter Headlights

The first image is the dual beam hi/low. Your original bulbs have access to two power in as you have two power output from your steering switch for lights. Where as your current LED might have only hi or low access wires as it has only red (Power in) and black (ground or power out). Do you have any specs from manufacturer of the LEDs?.

Second image is the single bulb that either has hi or low beam

Old 06-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #11

Quote:
The first image is the dual beam hi/low. Your original bulbs have access to two power in as you have two power output from your steering switch for lights. Where as your current LED might have only hi or low access wires as it has only red (Power in) and black (ground or power out). Do you have any specs from manufacturer of the LEDs?.

Second image is the single bulb that either has hi or low beam

H7 Led Headlight Bulbs 6000K Cool White Low Beam/High Beam Conversion Kit Head light Replacement 60W 7600LM 12V IP68 Waterproof

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079G41D2S..._-T8mBbKZJZSKZ

Old 06-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #12

The way I see it... this LEDs works for EITHER hi or low... not both. Unless you have additional relay that flips the power. But yeah I checked it out on amazon as well. Seems like those are for cars which has relays inside to switch powers back and forth and has 2 cables as output to the bulb but it controls the power inside the car. My best bet is look at your scooter switch which color of wire is on low beam and connect that to the red one and green from scooter to black of the LED. And see.