Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 08-28-2018, 06:13 PM   #1

Leaking Fuel, Won’t Start

I have an 08 Schwinn 150. It was sitting for some time, so I had the local shop service it (new gas, carb clean, etc.). The scooter ran fine after. I took the scooter for a spin, and drove it hard for 30 minutes, WOT, about 60mph. I shut the bike off, went to post office, and returned in 10 minutes. The bike would not start - turned over fine. I smelled fuel, and thought maybe it was flooded. I came back after 2 hours, and noticed fuel under the bike, and saw fuel dripping From the air filter cover.

Suggestions? I thought of fuel petcock, but looks like there is a fuel pump on this bike. Would the bike have both a fuel pump and vacuum valve?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2018, 05:56 AM   #2

Sounds like it might be a couple of problems, Your scooter must have a fuel petcock if it's dripping that much gas and that should have shut the gas off, and the needle and seat in the carburator should also seal and stop gas from running out.... make it three problems, the fuel filter/screen and a clean gas tank with good clean fuel, those have to be in good shape to keep debris from causing the fuel petcock and needle and seat in the carb from doing what they are supposed to do.