Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Old 03-28-2013, 11:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookees View Post
I rode a Aeolus 260 all last year. Pretty nice bike. Much sportier than the Fashion I rode the year before. Ahh, one of the perks of owning a scooter shop. Trying to decide on this years ride. It's a toss up between a SYM Wolf Classic and the SYM RV200. ( Sold the 260 yesterday to a nice girl. This is her 1st scooter)
Great, The Linhai is a pretty sweet ride, while the Fashion is more like a Lay-Z-Boy on wheels. BTW, did you give our latest scooterista the run down on a pdi?...or is she just going to stop by your place to have it done?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #17

I imagine cookee, being a knowledgeable scooter dude, gave that scoot, that he rode for a year and then sold, a thorough pdi and also regular and meticulous maintenance in addition to a thorough check prior to sale...

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookees View Post
I rode a Aeolus 260 all last year. Pretty nice bike. Much sportier than the Fashion I rode the year before. Ahh, one of the perks of owning a scooter shop. Trying to decide on this years ride. It's a toss up between a SYM Wolf Classic and the SYM RV200. ( Sold the 260 yesterday to a nice girl. This is her 1st scooter)
Lucky you!
However you're not alone,
I generally buy one new scoot per year (actually my track record for the past 2 years was 1 scoot per 6 months.

I sell my old one, and buy a better suited one.

So far, my fleet exists of a 50cc TaoTao ATM, an EVO150, and a VT750 motorcycle.

I'm still juggling around, but since MPG is most important to me, I wished I had purchased following line-up:
- Honda PCX125 for 90% of the trips
- Suzuki TU250X For the medium and large trips

Should I not have gotten a PCX125, I would have gone for a PCX150, or a TaoTao PowerMax 150.
I'm still doubting between the TU250X, and the S40. The Suzuki Boulevard S40 is not fuel injected, but if it was, hopefully it's fuel mileage would increase, and I would have gotten that one.

I don't really need a big motorcycle, but I'm kind of a fan of single cylinder motorcycles now.
The issue with having 2 cylinders, and still being able to get home on one cylinder should the other fail, has never happened to me.
If I ever am going to continue traveling with my wife at large distances again, I probably would go for a Yamaha V-star 950.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #19

Yep, had my business partner, Mike, go over the 260 top to bottom. Fresh oil and fresh gas.
Had him fully prep the SYM Wolf Classic. Took it out on Saturday. Three words....O...M...G...! What a great little bike.

"Pittsburgh's Premier Scooter Dealer"
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #20

That's my Mainstreet that Spandi mentioned earlier. His name is Linny.....LOL. Very fun to ride. I have had some issues since purchasing last year, but I mostly attribute those to the fact that he sat for his first 6 years in a garage, Only had 1300 miles on it when purchased. Sitting is not good for these machines. Am needing a few parts like a water temp sensor and heat guage. Also thinking I need a larger fan. Any ideas?

Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftydude View Post
That's my Mainstreet that Spandi mentioned earlier. His name is Linny.....LOL. Very fun to ride. I have had some issues since purchasing last year, but I mostly attribute those to the fact that he sat for his first 6 years in a garage, Only had 1300 miles on it when purchased. Sitting is not good for these machines. Am needing a few parts like a water temp sensor and heat guage. Also thinking I need a larger fan. Any ideas?
Hiya LD! Hope everything is going well for you and Linny. As far as a new (read Larger) fan, it may depend if in your scoot it comes as a unit (with the radiator) or not, if not, then you can get one of the larger (I use a 7" diameter) fans. (Spal is one of the best) I ended up making brackets from three small lengths of 1/2' x 1/8' bar stock from Home Depot, drilled new bolt holes and painted them with auto enamel. Using them to align with the radiator bolt holes that were originally there for the smaller fan.

Last edited by spandi; 04-30-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #22

Awesome!