Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 07-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #1

Blue racing CDI

Hello all, I have bought a couple of performance kits before on amazon for my scooters and all have worked right. I bought one not too long ago that came with a spark plug, performance coil plug, gas filter, air filter and blue CDI, I installed everything but the air filter. Now the problem I am having is that when I plug in the blue CDI the scooter starts but then turns off, I plug the stick one back up and it starts right away. I really want to use the blue one. Any suggestions what might be going on? I got it from amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #2

It may be that the coil is defective, or for some odd reason is not comparable. Check online and see if the coil actually is comparable for your scooter by researching the part number.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM View Post
It may be that the coil is defective, or for some odd reason is not comparable. Check online and see if the coil actually is comparable for your scooter by researching the part number.

It works on my other scooter but on the one I want it installed it doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #4

I bought the same package last year for my 2012 Pacifica SSR 150. It's a no go. The cdi either works on yours,or not. I've read something about some are for AC stators and other for DC stators. Either put it on your other scooter and find another for the one you want to put on it, or toss it in your extra parts drawer.