Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 250cc +

Old 05-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #1

Quietest fan EVA!

Had the bike all apart down to the frame working on some things. when I put all the plastic back on it, I basically put it back on like a PDI. I have zero rattles, and the body panels fit tighter and better than they ever had.

So, as to the fan... Before I tore it all down every time the fan came on while riding (at least around town or at idle) I could hear the thing roaring along as it did it's thing.

After making all the body panels tight, I can no longer hear the fan running

I saw the light on the dash come on for the fan... But didn't hear the darn thing! Scared me to death! I though I must have either dropped a screw down into the fan, thus binding and burning it up... Or I thought I must have disco'd it's wiring harness.

So, I tear off the kick plate to have a look at the damage I caused to my poor fan, only to find it was humming right along as it is supposed to with the dash light

With all the body panels near perfectly set, whatever was making my fan roar like that went bye-bye. I guess aerodynamics of the air pulling through the panels had something to do with it.

Oh well... Just thought I would share in the vein of "it's always good to do a PDI."

Smoak

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #2

I guess things are just "shaking out" sometimes you can do your work so well it surprises you!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #3

Wow, that is pretty cool. I would imagine if you fixed it you would think you would still hear it. I know I would have been freaking. If I don't hear the same things each time I drive, I start to think there is a problem. Yeah! Great job at fixing it though!

Login or Register to Remove Ads