Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 06-23-2020, 11:56 AM   #1

Hi Fellow Scooter Enthusiust

Hi All,

Hi Guys my name is Dave and i have owned many GY6 scooters with big bore kits etc and currently own a SYM JET 50 EVO as well as a Cruze Agility. I am huge into scooters and know allot about GY6s but am totally new to my new SYM 2 stroke which i come to find out has a rare engine and not your typical Minerrelli clone. I need help with this scooter but i will post in another thread on those problems. im posting here just to introduce myself and say hi to you all.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-23-2020, 11:32 PM   #2

If its the air cooled SYM Jet, its a weird version of a Minerelli, and not in a good way. Now, that being said its a great motor and can be made to go very fast, you just have to be 100% sure the part you order is for "that" motor. Some vendors will sell you a aftermarket performance part that might not work on purpose, others will sell you a part that doesn't work because they don't know. A friend had a SYM Jet. Once he got it running good he sold it. I was half tempted to buy it but I passed.

If your in the USA and need factory parts you'll get so angry because the US SYM distributor sucks! I had a CItyCom 300i so I know.

If its the liquid cooled SYM Jet those are even harder to hot-rod. Stage 1(exhaust and variator) if set up properly should get you 50mph and be super reliable, both on the air cooled and liquid version. The Jet is a cool looking scooter that's worth doing your homework for. Racing Planet.com will be your friend.

Welcome to the forum!