Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 09-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #1

70cc bbk

I don't see why the 70cc kits are worth doing if it only makes you take off faster?coulnt you get the same results with the clutch?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #2

no bbk is the best bang for the buck, you get speed and power from what i know.my scooter with 70 bbk has and can beat most 150s and the 96cc dogs them wont even compare a stock scooter against it. I f your light enough a stock scooter 2t will do 45 ish but a good bbk when setup right will be 50-55 range and have double the power through out the rpm range

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers
Old 09-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy554 View Post
no bbk is the best bang for the buck, you get speed and power from what i know.my scooter with 70 bbk has and can beat most 150s and the 96cc dogs them wont even compare a stock scooter against it. I f your light enough a stock scooter 2t will do 45 ish but a good bbk when setup right will be 50-55 range and have double the power through out the rpm range
^ What he said!! My 70bbk gets me to 56mph easy..and FAST..even with stock gearing. Stock carb and airbox even...

Old 09-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #4

Hi
Heres a 2t scoot with a 77 cc bbk

Theres no replacement for displacement
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 09-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #5

Yeah 7mm does not sound like much but it was a huge improvement for my 2T when I put on a BBK and pipe . Actually take was less since the new pipe is unrestricted but midrange I can ride a wheelie while going down the rode with 13 wheels instead of 10s like many have and top end goes beyond the 50MPH mark on the speedo and I dont have a GPS to verify . There was a radar that displayed speed and at 20 , 30 and 40 it said my speedo was 4MPH higher than what the radar said all three tests . The BBK also has a larger exhaust port that is fully bored where the 49cc is shaped like a D instead of an O . Stock engine and pipe it would max at 8,000 RPMs and fizzle if I went past that going downhill . With BBK and PM Racing pipe it can hit 10,500 and even 9k while going up a large and steep hill with a running start .

I would try a larger main jet and maybe lighter or heavier rollers and enjoy the stock engine and get a BBK later . Stock I could hit 45 to 50 all day long . With the BBK I have outran two 150s and walk off and leave all other 50 to 80 4T scooters I raced .

Most use 4g or 5g rollers . Mine came with 6g . I tried 4g and they were too light as it sounded like it over revved on takeoff and had a top end loss . Put on a blue finned CDI from PFS and had the same top end but a hair more pep on the bottom and midrange . I mixed up 3 6g and 3 4g to equal 5g and I liked how it ran . I now have 8g sliders to try and cut down the RPMs while on the highway as it drinks way more gas than when it was stock . Takeoff is slower but I love to see the looks on peoples faces when I pass then on my lil screamer .

I would get an iron cylinder since they are cheaper and more forgiving in a soft seize . I have this BBK http://shop.jupiterscooters.net/Cyli...CC-10mmpin.htm it only had a 75MJ which I used on the 50 but it did have a 45 idle jet that was an improvement over the 40IJ with a BBK . I had bought one and it did not have the jets and dang it a wristpin came out and ate up the engine . The second kit had the jets and I tugged on the wristpins before sliding the cylinder down on the 2nd one . You need to measure your wristpins as some use 10mm and others 12mm