Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #1

Pissed Help me locate and fix/replace my brake light switches PLEASE!

My scoot stopped starting, im figuring its the brake light switches because my brake lights would work and stop working periodically and one morning i couldnt get it to start at all and when i apply brakes the brake lights dont come on...

To make matters worse i cannot find the brake switches, where are they located? If there a way to bypass them to make sure i dont have some other issue?
Could my brake light bulb have blown and caused these issues?

Any help appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #2

It's time to learn to use a wiring diagram. A simple test light and you follow the wiring schematic and test along the circuits to find where the problem is. The brake switches bolt to the hand brake assemblies on the handle bars. What I'd do is check the main fuse coming off battery. Use a test light or multi-meter to verify the fuse is good or bad. Then I'd jump the starter relay to make sure the starter works and the main cables are good. Google and Youtube are your friends when doing this stuff and you will learn simple diagnostic skills that will come in handy for the rest of your life. Take your time, do it right and you sure don't want to be on public streets without properly working brake lights.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #3

Everything was working just fine until my brake light switches started only working sometimes, now they dont work at all. All other lights and instruments work just fine...

I took all the plastic off and looked at the hand brake assembly. I do not see any switches... i will post photos.
The brakes push a pin into a mechanism that pushes brake fluid down the brake cables to apply pressure to the disk brakes both front and back, above the little cylinder that pushes the brake fluid there is a brake fluid resivour...

I have fallowed every cable from from the brake assembly and i see no switches what so ever...

Old 04-21-2017, 05:44 PM   #4

http://imgur.com/YlAj8R5
http://imgur.com/OWispWE
Old 04-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #5

In your second photo, the bolt right below the brake fluid reservoir, I think is your brake switch.
Since I have no idea of your brand or size of scooter, I just looked here:50 cc/scooter/filch part diagram/brake switch location
On my scooter, I can hear my switch click as I pull either brake handle.
Good luck.