Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > Member Reviews & Reports > Scooters

Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Long Term Review - Jonway 150cc
by mcginnismark14@yahoo. mcginnismark14@yahoo. is offline 11-17-2013, 08:58 PM

This is a wrap of of my experiences with my china scooter. My scooter now has about 1,900 miles on it. I recently changed the drive belt and put 12g rollers in it. Stock belt has some cracks starting to form. When torqing down the cvt it cracked part of the transmission housing slightly, but doesn't seem to affect anything, metal seem very brittle. The closer I look over the casting quality and welds the more i realize how bad the quality really is. The motor runs good, but just the overall quality feels crappy the more I ride it. The rear tire has about half tread left. It does an indicated 60-61 with gps its 55-56mph. I like the scooter, even though the rides I commute on are only 45mph, during rush hour most people drive 55ish and I run totally wide open, with no power left in case of an emergency, or if passing is needed. So in conclusion I wouldn't buy a chinese scooter again, but the engine still runs great, and I can take a carb apart in an hour now, it didn't literally fall part like many people assume, but overall quality is sub par. After working on chinese scooter I feel like an expert mechanic Due to getting some extra scholarship money I purchased a new Kawaski Ninja 300, god it feels like a racing machine compared to my scooty . It rides smooth as glass and the brakes are a million time better haha, I'm still keeping my scooter to play around with and for occasion offloading . Mileage is similar to, my scooter got about 65 due to WOT, where the bikes been averaging about 62mpg and has a big gas tank so I can go a week without refueling.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131117_165921.jpg (86.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 1379762_10200843631759793_225897229_n.jpg (98.3 KB, 15 views)

Views: 20787
Old 12-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #2

Thanks for the review. it sounds like the Jonway will get the job done with some regular attention.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #3

Great review, thanks so much for sharing!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #4

Still starts right up, took it to the gas station today, feels much lighter then my bike, still fun as hell cruising on a scooter giving motorcycle waves to the Harley riders. I think I'm going to keep it around, instead of selling it now.