Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #1

Hi New Member Miraculously Reunited With His Stolen Scoot!

Hey dawgz!
New member here, and I got a story for you all.

So about three years ago I was a proud owner of a 2009 benelli Andretti 150xt scooter.
Bought her for $700 as she didn't run when purchased, big gamble I know, but this bike was beautiful minus a few scratches and with only 2500 miles I thought it would be a good investment.

So got it home, changed oil, changed the cvt belt, tore it to shreds and got the right size.
All she needed was some adjustment on the idle screw, LOL, got her running beautifully.

Then one day, I come home from work, and she was gone, I called my neighborhood thinking they towed it or something, but no, it was stolen.
Made a police report and basically the cops told me when these things get stolen 9/10 they never come back.

I had my bike registered, so I gave him all the info, a description the whole 9.

Fast forward almost three years later to last Saturday.
Cops pound on my door at 7am.
They found my bike! In Georgia! ( I'm in south Carolina).

Great news, I call the tow company, they're closed on Saturday.
Fast forward Monday, I call them, get some bad news.
It sat for 3 months in their indoor storage and they couldn't find the VIN number on the bike in ALL THAT TIME!
What's worse is I was stuck with all of the cost, $400!
But the bike looked great still minus a missing turn signal and a few new scratches.
It even had NEW tires on it!( they where bald when it was stolen, the reason I wasn't driving it)

So I paid up, $400 to get my bike back, drove it in a truck all the way back to sc, and started working in it.

Right off the rip, I had to buy a new ignition, $14 online, wired that up, nothing.
Battery was dead, trickle charger the battery, it wont hold a charge, cells are bad.
I got get a new battery, $90 more dollars.

Wire up new battery, she starts to try to turn, weight off my shoulders.
Put new gas in it, changed the oil, IT WAS THE COLOR OF MUD! Cleaned out the air filters and she's running like a champ.

I still have TONS of work I need to do to her, hence me signing up.
I hope you guys wont mind helping a newb get his new/old scooter back to tip top shape!
Oh and when it was stolen it had 5200 miles, got it back at 7500, so not too bad i reckon.

Sorry for the long post!

Here's a pic when I first got her back home, click to enlarge cant figure out how to resize on here.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Impaired; 11-05-2015 at 06:35 PM.