Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #1

My Scooter Project.... :D

So, I was brought this 2009 Kymco Sting 50 to be fixed. I work on scooters for side cash. I told the customer I really liked it and he asked what I'd give him for it. The scoot needed a lot of work, and it was going to be a lot for him to fix it. So I offered him 350 or 200 and my old 4 stroke Roketa Mc-02-50B. He took the 200 and the beat up 4 stroke. I figured I got out with a steal! After getting into the scoot, I realised I had just screwed my self to the floor. Lol. It had a burnt up clutch, Needed a new top end, Needed carb adjusting, Was missing a seat, and the High beam front panel, had turn signals missing and such. The scoot wouldn't hit over 30 down hill when I first started working on it. I have had the scooter for about a month now, and this is what I've done. Pics Below aswell.

EDIT: My new top speed is now 40-45 down hill, depends on what hill...
Top Speed on a flat road/slightly inclined = 35 MPH
Top Speeds up a hill constant 25 and climbing slowly maxes out at usually 30.

What I've Done:

-Tuned Carb, Air/Fuel Mixture, Restrictor, Needle Height, Float Height, Re-Jet to #95
-Replaced Top End with Stock OEM Head and Piston.
-Replaced the stock carb/intake spacer/gasket with a Honda aero 80 Spacer/Gasket for better flow. (Bigger than the carb outlet it's self. Instead of A tiny bit of air/fuel getting sucked into the motor, all of the fuel/air is getting sucked in.
-Replaced clutch with stock OEM replacement.
-Replaced rollers with 5g sliders
-Adjusted Throttle cable, (Slide wasn't opening all of the way)

What I plan on doing over the next 2-3 months:

-Airsal 70cc BBK
-Tecnigas RS II Chrome Exhaust
-Peformance Clutch/Variator (Haven't decided on which ones)
-Arreche 21mm Carb
-Carbon Reeds
-Arreche Racing air filter (Looks Sick!!!)
-12mm Jasil Crank
-Performance CDI
-Repaint the scoot, Red and Black, Spider Bite Theme... Going to do it myself, with a spray gun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0356.jpg (97.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0357.jpg (97.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0358.jpg (97.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0359.jpg (97.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0360.jpg (99.1 KB, 9 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #2

Hi
Do enjoy the build looks like a lot of fun to me
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #3

I've had nothing but fun with the scoot, Except the one time I ran out of fuel in the middle of an intersection... The fuel gauge/sensor was acting up saying I had a full tank... LOL

Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #4

Nice way to save a scoot. I always use my odometer/trip meter to determine if I need fuel or not I have never had a bike whose fuel gauge told the truth and have had some without them...

Nice work can't wait til its shiny

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
Nice way to save a scoot. I always use my odometer/trip meter to determine if I need fuel or not I have never had a bike whose fuel gauge told the truth and have had some without them...

Nice work can't wait til its shiny
Yep. I may start doing that, and I am itching to paint it now!! But.. I don't want to take the risk of scratching the paint when taking the plastics off and back on, or doing work on the scoot in general.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #6

Nice got some work o do, but you have a great game plan cant wait to see the finished project

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers
Old 01-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #7

look into vinyl wrap I am looking at using it on mine. Easy to apply and quite durable sections can be replaced if they get scratched.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ts/Series1080/

Haven't used it but I hear good things about it. You can get animal prints even if that floats your boat...

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing
Old 01-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #8

Looking at the wraps... They have the ability to be shaped? If so, I'll definitely try and work with them on some chrome red and carbon fiber wraps. Like I said before, I want the scoot to have a "Spider Bite" theme, So More looking towards Red/Black. But a little chrome won't hurt a bit!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #9

I requested some samples from 3M.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #10

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99owned View Post
Looking at the wraps... They have the ability to be shaped? If so, I'll definitely try and work with them on some chrome red and carbon fiber wraps. Like I said before, I want the scoot to have a "Spider Bite" theme, So More looking towards Red/Black. But a little chrome won't hurt a bit!
Hi
She may give you some inspiration

Aprilia+SR50R+Spiderman+05 by inuyasha50, on Flickr
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 02-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #11

that is one sexy scoot!! I tried the 3M vinyls, Got some samples, And I am going to buy some carbon fiber, glossy metallic red, and some pearl white rolls from the local dealer here.

This project is now on hold due to me hitting a guy in the head with my scooter helmet and being charged with assault. Hopefully, It won't go straight down the pipe and I lose everything but when things get settled she will be finished! Will post some pics of the new and improved exhaust, (Drilled 5 or 6 holes in the back for more air flow to match the big jets. It improved acceleration by a TON. Popping wheelies out of stop lights like it's my job!! 50cc scoot doing wheelies... I love it.