Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 02-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #1

Oh No What is stock jet size for 50cc roketa

Hey everyone,

So I recently purchased a 2010 50cc roketa breeze scoot w/ 1300 miles on it. When I first drive it, it was very slow, it would go bout 30 mph and stuggle to get to 35..after looking over a few things I noticed, exhaust did NOT have a gasket so I bought new one from scrappy and installed it, only difference was a quieter exhaust. Still there was no change in acceleration or top speed. So I pulled carb off and noticed pilot jet was clogged..so I cleaned jet and the rest of carb, re-installed, re-tuned carb, but there still wasn't much of a change. Top speed did go up to 40mph but very slowly. Also when I'm driving, if I sit at a red light or stop for a minute when light turns green and I give it throttle it Boggs and wants to die, If I let off gas it will die, if I give it WOT, it will catch its self at start accelerating. Now when I had the carb off, my main jet was stamped with a #78 and pilot jet was stamped #34. Now I'm no expert but after doing some research those do NOT seem stock to me. Does any one know what the stock jet sizes would be for my scoot???

I would also like to note, I checked for restrictors but could not find any in cvt, air box, or exhaust. I also installed 6g weights hoping for a little change, but there was none.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #2

There is no set size that does seem high but i like any thing from 72- 74 but 40 is good for a stock 50cc scoot has for the bog have you adjusted the air fuel mixture screw

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers
Old 02-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #3

So ur saying #40 is good for pilot jet? Yea I tried tuning and tuning and tuning the a/f screw.. But it doesn't really change anything, gives me a headache lol.. From 1 turn out to 3 turns out, there is no significant change in rpm.. The idle screw won't do much either, if I turn it clockwise 1/4 turn it will idle really high for a second then drop again, if I turn it 1/4 back where it was it has trouble stayin running.. Idk it's driving me bonkers. Right now I have idle set where it will idle on its own but I think that part of why I Boggs immediately after throttle is givin bc the slide is open too much to where it letting too much gas in on take off.

I did a plug chop, running too rich but I can't seem to tune carb to lean it out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #4

a 40 pilot jet is way too big for a stock scooter 34-38 you can also adjust the position of the needle

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers

Tags
50cc, bogging, carb, jet size, roketa