Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > The Ride > Scooter Safety Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #1

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/ generally has really good deals. I got my leather Shift armored riding jacket there. It is a $400 piece that I caught for less than $130 on sale. It comes with a winter zip out liner, and I have ridden comfortably in 95 degree weather in this jacket. Of course, as soon as we stopped for a bit, it had to come off!

As for helmets, all I can say is you get what you pay for. I have a full face Shoei from my musclebike days, and it is the only helmet I can ride in. You will want to try on several, and not just look for fit, but field of view. I can shoulder check the road behind me with my shoei on, I can't do that with a lot of helmets.

I am told HJC (sp?) helmets are on par with Shoei field of view, but I have never tried one. I just know your average Bell full face makes me feel like I am riding with blinders on...

good luck in your gear search and ride safe!

Smoak

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/ generally has really good deals. I got my leather Shift armored riding jacket there. It is a $400 piece that I caught for less than $130 on sale. It comes with a winter zip out liner, and I have ridden comfortably in 95 degree weather in this jacket. Of course, as soon as we stopped for a bit, it had to come off!

As for helmets, all I can say is you get what you pay for. I have a full face Shoei from my musclebike days, and it is the only helmet I can ride in. You will want to try on several, and not just look for fit, but field of view. I can shoulder check the road behind me with my shoei on, I can't do that with a lot of helmets.

I am told HJC (sp?) helmets are on par with Shoei field of view, but I have never tried one. I just know your average Bell full face makes me feel like I am riding with blinders on...

good luck in your gear search and ride safe!

Smoak
Thanks for that link, Smoak! I hadn't run across that site before, but have it bookmarked now.