Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #1

CF Moto 150 E-Charm Shock/Suspension Question

When I go over a bump and my suspension compresses, it locks in the compressed position. Once this happens, I have no movement in my rear suspension. I'm not sure if the shocks or the rear fork is locking up. Any help would be appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #2

http://www.alpha-sports.com/cfmoto_p...RM(EFI)/40.htm
Not normal
How do you get it back to a normal position?
Loosen the rear fork and see if it rotates back to normal position?

Shocks are $40 ea, gotta trouble shoot to see if its the shocks or fork
Old 04-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #3

I just lift up on the rear end, by grabing the side of the rear rack mounting bar, and I hear a pop and the rear of the scooter raises up and the rear suspension works fine, until I hit a good bump again. It is definetely the rear, not the front fork. I just disconnected the shocks and put the scooter up on the rear stand. I then pressed up and down on the rear and it swings freely up and down for a 8" range. What would cause the shocks to bind up when I hit a bump??? I ride two people on the scooter, myself and my wife and we are at the weight limit of the scooter. Are there heavy duty shocks? Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #4

Just figured out the problem and the cause. The shocks were bent. I travel around the country in my fifth wheel RV and I carry the scooter on a rack on the front of my truck. I ratchet down the scooter, using the suspension to keep pressure on the straps. I must have ratcheted down the rear of the scooter too tight and bent the shock rod. I was actually able to straighten out both shock rods and the suspension works perfectly. Thanks