Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #1

Jmstar electrical issue

Hello all,I just purchased my 3rd fixer upper 150cc Gy6 scooter (its a JMSTAR also has Jonway tag Baja MC 13-150) from the tow yard I work for as abandoned property.I've been having good luck with them the this point but often don't know very much about the history of them when I get them like this.So here is my issue,some one ripped the wires out of the back of the key switch and splice them together so that it would start and run without a key well upon replacing the key switch and plugging it into the wiring harness correctly which was undamaged it seems there must be some other wiring modification somewhere then I'm not finding as when I turn the key on the scooters lights and electrical system do not come on until the scooter is actually started and running it will crank and start but its like the electrical system is solely running off of the generator so it obviously flickers when its idling low because it doesn't have the battery as a ballast so I'm wondering if anybody could point me in a direction of where to start looking where something may be disconnected or bypass because the scooters I've had in the past all the lighting and electrics come on with the key in the on position it seems the generator is obviously functioning fine as it will run and everything is stay lit with the battery disconnected when its running,I have all of the plastic off of a scooter as I really wanted to go over it before I started riding it I can't find any chopped or missing wires and everything seems to be plugged in.sorry about the long rant with no punctuation I was using voice to text

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by fullpwr5516; 04-28-2014 at 12:40 PM.