Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 05-05-2023, 06:01 AM   #1

Yamaha neos 4 stroke

Hi I have a 2014 Yamaha neos 50cc 4 stroke that starts but after a short or long journey the bike won’t start I have to wait for over an hour and try again sometimes it works but sometimes I have to wait longer
it has a new battery and has new spark plug I was going to take the carb off to clean but it has a fuel injector instead so thought I would ask for a bit of advice first

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-05-2023, 09:20 AM   #2

If your Neo is anywhere like our domestic Yamaha Zuma 4-stroke 50cc then your fuel pump is slowly dying. Our symptoms are: starts easily when cold, hard to start when warm. At one time I swear there was a recall on that issue/fuel pump.

I know a lot of people use a aftermarket fuel pump from Amazon but I don't know anymore about it. Our Zuma 50cc's are not only fuel injected but liquid cooled as well. Overly complicated but thankfully built by a quality company.

So if your willing to throw parts at it replace the fuel pump and see what happens. In the service manual it shows you how to test the fuel pump. Test it cold then hot as well. Also look into any open service bulletins/recalls on your Neo.

Let us know your findings.