Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 12-02-2021, 12:03 AM   #1

50cc dying when I open the throttle

I have a 2021 Havanna Classic 50 that is idling but dies when I open the throttle. Here's the story so far:

My friend ran her scooter to empty, and then parked it for two weeks. She asked me to come over and remove the washer in the variator that acts as a speed regulator. This is a relatively easy thing to do, so I disassembled it, took the washer off, and then reassembled it. When we went to test it, it wouldn't start. We then noticed it was out of gas, and I went and got some in a jug to fill it up. After that, it starts, but will immediately die when I give it gas. I assumed it was a fuel problem due to it sitting for two weeks and being ridden to empty. I rebuilt the carbs, replaced the petcock, swapped out the fuel lines and filter, checked for spark(all good), and replaced the battery. When all of that failed, I full on replaced the carbs, and it still does the same thing. Could it be something I did to the variator? When I took off the variator cover, a piece of the gasket came off, but I didn't think that would do anything as the gasket was not in great condition to begin with. Could it be something to do with the belt in the variator? I have checked everything pretty good and see no problems. I'm used to working on 70's Hondas but I feel like I would be able to see if something was obviously wrong. I'm really not sure where to go from here, any help is greatly appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-22-2021, 12:05 PM   #2

There's an air leak somewhere disturbing the vacuum. Check for a cracked intake manifold or a vacuum line that's loose or disconnected.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.