Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-28-2014, 12:35 AM   #1

Doh! Fuel carb trouble 150cc

I have a vento phantom converted to a rukkus my fuel tanks by my feet I have a vacuum still pump Iam getting fuel to carb but when I start it I can't see any fuel going through new fuel filter wats going on won't start

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #2

Man, I'm not sure if you're from here and I sure don't want to be a jerk. But if you want any replies to this you really need to use some sort of sentence structure. This is very hard to read. But I'll give it a shot, most won't but this is your first post. First make sure your filter isn't backwards (if it was removed). Make sure your tank is vented. Test your fuel petcock by applying suction and seeing if fuel flows, check your fuel pump. Post back
Old 04-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #3

Double check your vacuum lines to the pump, make sure no kinks or loose connections. Check to make sure intake boot is tight on the jug and carb. is tight against the intake boot.
It is possible that all the fuel has leaked back into the tank, While cranking you may want to hold your fingers across the intake on the carb. and see if the carb. fills up and starts.
You may have a plugged up vent on the carb. as well .

Old 04-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #4

Sorry for my last post. Yes I am from here. I took my carb back off after work tonight pulled it all apart and no fuel in the bottom of my carb . What I was try to say in the last post it's converted to a ruckus. My fuel tank sits on the bottom frame between my feet so I use a vacuum fuel pump to get it to my carb. I took the cover off my tank and it works now. Last night I had fuel coming in from a gravity tank to bypass any vacuum issues and still failed. Also I was told I might have to re jet it because I put a k&N air filter because more air more fuel
Old 04-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Man, I'm not sure if you're from here and I sure don't want to be a jerk. But if you want any replies to this you really need to use some sort of sentence structure. This is very hard to read. But I'll give it a shot, most won't but this is your first post. First make sure your filter isn't backwards (if it was removed). Make sure your tank is vented. Test your fuel petcock by applying suction and seeing if fuel flows, check your fuel pump. Post back
Be nice. This is America and not everybody speaks fluent English. I am Chippewa and we were made to learn English and Spanish so that we could fit in. Fit in? <-- Fit into what? We lived here first.. So I speak Chippewa most of the time. In Chippewa we say.. Gona mela iyatok America sheshii noho tuitimee inagala dede molisak agamiichee nosa boni leedatok.. <-- America is a gathering of all our brothers and sisters.To speak a different tongue means not that you have a different intellect.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carasdad View Post
Be nice. This is America and not everybody speaks fluent English. I am Chippewa and we were made to learn English and Spanish so that we could fit in. Fit in? <-- Fit into what? We lived here first.. So I speak Chippewa most of the time. In Chippewa we say.. Gona mela iyatok America sheshii noho tuitimee inagala dede molisak agamiichee nosa boni leedatok.. <-- America is a gathering of all our brothers and sisters.To speak a different tongue means not that you have a different intellect.
Hi Glenn
I couldnt agree more
Also the internet and forums in general are global comunities and i hope we get many members from overseas joining in the near future as well

I have Ojibwe Blood as well
to the op sorry for the hijack
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Old 04-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #7

Hank..that was awesome! Ojibwa prayer. Sung in the traditional language..or as we call it 'Language of the old people' lol.. But yes my brother..we need more from here...there and everywhere to join this site. There is more Scooter knowledge besides America...and learning is free. My apology for hijacking as well..so we now return you to the post.
In my opinion when a tank is below the carb level..even a good vacuum petcock cannot draw enough fuel. It usually takes a Walbro type such as this to in the pic..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FuelPump.jpg (41.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #8

It was intended to be very nice. His post sat unanswered for 36 hours and I 've seen that on forums because nobody understands it. I have seen lots of other people including moderators advise people to use sentence structure. He wasn't offended so you really shouldn't be either. It's all good. I've never been rude to anyone on here. He had zero posts so I was informing him in case he had never posted on a forum before. That's wrong? Nahhhh. You guys be easy man, not everyone is calling someone else stupid. I NEVER said anything about the OP's intellect. Ever!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftjunkie43 View Post
I took the cover off my tank and it works now.
Sorry, forgot why I came back here. It was to check on your status. Am I to understand that your scoot ran good with no fuel cap?
I know you said you had fuel coming from gravity tank and it still failed? So it wouldn't run with fuel from another elevated source? If that's the case you probably have a stuck needle valve/float. But if it ran with no fuel cap then you just accidentally plugged your tank vent when you were rearranging things. That's easy to fix with a filter to atmosphere.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #10

Just so everyone feels better didn't take offense to what he said he he was right I was going know we're with it. So now that's done I changed the carb to a spare I got with the bike I got it running with normal fuel source but struggle to start then when it does run as I give it throttle it starts to pop really bad
Old 04-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #11

No worries buddy. So with your spare carb you're getting it running. You're making progress. Did you move the coil to a new location? It's popping so I recommend checking your coil very good. All the wires going to and from your coil. It concerns me that you may be chasing down multiple problems. But it seems you completely reconfigured your hog so it's possible. But you got it running. SWEET. If your satisfied that your ignition is good to go then moving back to the carb or checking valve lash may be a good next step. But if it was running fine before and you didn't mesh with rocker arms or timing it should be ok internally.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:43 AM   #12

Hi
Poping while accelerating is indicative of a rich condition your air/fuel mixture is off allowing too much fuel and not enough air
it could be as simple as adjusting your air fuel mixure screw or you may have to change your jet size tio a smaller one
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 05-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #13

So you guys will be proud got it running good enough for first spin it still backfires a little but while driving feels like it jumps forwood
Old 05-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #14

Awesome man! Congratulations. Keep us posted on problems/ solutions.

Tags
150cc