Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > Custom Builds

Old 11-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #1

New project- 3 wheeler scoot mutation

So I am new to this stuff. And was looking everywhere for diagrams and what not but i just cant find what I need.

2 years ago I bought a Tao Tao 50cc scooter, which never worked right and would stall out while riding until eventually it wouldnt run. So after a year sitting around a friends house becaause he said he coud fix it, i brought it home because nothing was being down. I figured id try my hand at fixing it. I bought a new big bore kit and rebuilt that to spec as far as i know. But in a fit of frustration after realizing he (my friend) hadnt done anything but take it apart and put it back together with no gaskets or anything, i removed all the electrical and fuel lines to do the top end rebuild.

So that all being said, i finished the big bore kit and then fit the motor to a Big Red 3 wheeler front end and chassis. Everything is swapped over ( handle bar controls, throttle cable, brake cables etc.) But i am left with the struggle of reconnecting all of the electrical components and fuel lines and whatnot. Now I know that the mess of wire harnesses that are shoved in the front of a stock scoot are probably mostly lights and what not. But im only looking to get this running right now. Just the necessities at this point.

If anyone can offer any guidance to good manuals or anything helpful, id really appreciate it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PART_1413752102206_20141019_165015.jpg (106.1 KB, 30 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #2

I'm afraid they don't make a manual for that. The tank looks cool.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #3

No Manuals

I actually found what I was looking for to reinstall the motor and components. The gas tank is from a ninja.
Incase its useful to anybody else...
http://www.chinesescooterreference.c...als_charts.htm

Login or Register to Remove Ads