Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 3-Wheeled Scooters

Old 05-06-2015, 11:29 AM   #1

K & n

Just out of curiosity , I was wondering if anyone had luck with K & N Products? When I lived in NH , I used their air filters on a lot of Triumph engs that I built up (improved performance on ) I had very good luck with them! Everything is different here in Fla. Even different lubrications are used so I was wondering if anyone used these products. Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-07-2015, 07:12 AM   #2

I have a K&N in my Honda.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #3

K & n

Cheapto (sp?)---Did you notice any difference in performance? I put one in my 2006 Sportster 1200 w/ Trike Kit & I can't tell if there is any difference. It has so much power anyway that it's hard to tell without a run on the strip or a dyno test. Thanks! Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #4

Oh yeah, I had to adjust the A/F setting. It was about that time I installed a TinyTach, to reset my idle setting properly.
There is a procedure to adjust my valves, when the engine is hot and running.
But I found it damn near impossible to set it with out a tach. I could get it close, so I ran without the side covers on for a week or 2, making adjustments after the TT.
I'm still not crazy happy with my settings yet, but the CON ride is coming up, so when I get down to North Carolina, I'll get one of the real mechanics to set it up for me proper like.
Being a 250cc I try and squeek every bit of power from it that I can. Re-jetting/drilling out the port on the vacume slide, slider/roller combination, a blue Polini heavier contra spring in the variator.
A Delta clutch is next years upgrade.
Take care