Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 04-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #16

Can you post a pic or two of the engine compartment? I can indicate what part is what and repost it. Just have patients and we'll git er going again. Not even sure what scooter you have.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #17

Ive got a SSR Znen Interceptor and I will take pics once I find the missing work lamp we have for light so the pics wont be dark or anything (doesnt have flash)
Old 04-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #18

heres another video of what worries me....its louder in real life though

(still havent found the work lamp but it will be nice tomorrow so ill take everything apart and take pics...oh and the air filter is clean btw...didnt seem like like it was taking in alot of air though so i was thinking maybe its the air lines??)

Old 04-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #19

I dont feel as bad now i just heard a scooter as loud or louder then mine pass from inside lol
Old 04-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #20

Should I be thinking that your fuel tank is under your feet or under your seat in the back? I did hear the valves ticking a bit. I doubt if they are too loose or causing your problem and should quiet down a bit as your valves seat. No tap at all (when the engine is cold) indicates too tight and risk of burning a valve. Always adjust them with a cold engine.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #21

yeah I adjusted them when the engine was cold but I could check them again to make sure
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #22

took a ride to Chicago and I made it there and back with no problems (as long as I kept it under 45)
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #23

Sounds like a fuel filter or petcock issue. I ran SeaFoam through my '08 Tank Racer and it just flat out would not run at all. I love SeaFoam and run it through the crank case and fuel system of all the cars I owned, works great. Just not sure with the scoot.

I would start with the fuel system first. It is easier to adjust and diagnose than the electrical system. New filter, check twice the petcock for proper opening to allow the fuel to flow. Also blow backwards through the fuel line to the tank. Could be a piece of crap blocking the hole in the tank.

If you rule out fuel and move on to diagnose electrical be very patient and careful. Make sure you choose the correct replacement part. There are sooooooo many different variations out there. Sooooooooo many..