Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #31

I'm wondering about the precedent being set here. I'm also wondering about the outcome. I don't think Proboards is going to sit idly by while the assets under it's control are broken off and sold, if for nothing else than out of a possible sense of self preservation.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by spandi; 01-25-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #32

PB is a scam in and of itself. You, the members, are the ones that have contributed to the forum with content. You're the owners of the posts since they came from you. Lee also had enough content and know-how that made people want to join.

Now PB wants to claim it as their own? They housed the forum for many years, and should be thankful they did for as long as they did, but the content is the members'. Thats like saying if you rent a house out, and fill it with goods, that when you leave, the goods are the landlord's. C'mon.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #33

I have been on forums that have done the same as you Mike and there was no issues strange this is going the way it is. We need to all just get back to scooters. I for one like this one hope it all works out.

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #34

Thanks scootnwinn, all I was really trying to do was give everyone a better forum since there was an obvious need.

Im finding it hard to find a reason for all this now, seems like no one appreciates it and is crucifying me for trying.

My bad!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Thanks scootnwinn, all I was really trying to do was give everyone a better forum since there was an obvious need.

Im finding it hard to find a reason for all this now, seems like no one appreciates it and is crucifying me for trying.

My bad!

Come on now Mike you're playing the old sad sob I wanted to make a better forum with no SPAM and you didn't do this out of the old goodness of the heart. This is a business venture:

(1) Put up a forum of other material that you bought from someone else on someone else's forum software;
(2) Material attracts paying advertisers
(3) Make money

Now take away the "material" and how long will it take you to build a forum like this with 23k members and make the same kind of money?

It doesn't matter who put the material up on Scootdawg to join and use their software you read and "agree" to their terms, break the rules and you lose the rights to the software and the material with it.

And for the renting the house thing there are lots of states that have just such laws, make improvements to the property and the owner owns it lock , stock and barrel.

You crucified yourself.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #36

I am staying, the other forum sucks compared to this one and also a lot of people dont have to hide there identities like the did on the other ( why they did idk) plus there was no one really running the forum there, medman tired to help but couldnt keep up with the spam we were receiving every day. Everyone talks lee this lee that but as from what i seen he deserted the forum and didnt leave anyone in charge clearing showing he does care about it or its members, was a still good forum not cause of lee or any one person but its members, I always will be scootdawg on both but i hope the better of the two will move forward

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers

Last edited by teddy554; 01-25-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #37

Actually I find myself liking your site more and more, it's true in the beginning I had some difficulties but it getting to know my way around. Please do not fell so bad, and do not think your work is unappreciated. That is not the case at all, many members seem to enjoy it, but understand this has been something of a shock to people, (who in some cases) have been posting for years.

P.S. I did not say they owned anything, merely that it was "assets they controlled"

Last edited by spandi; 01-25-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #38

I agree with you jr that this is a business venture, but oftentimes who we are and what we do are hopelessly intertwined. We shall see.....
Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #39

They all envy scootdawg cause of there very own dead forums and they all want what you got and did everything to cause uproar with proboards most of the people talking against you have not posted on scootdawg.pro for ever or true member of scootdawg and use different account to hide who they really are but a name doesnt change who you are and i can spot anyone out by the thing they say and do. They leave cause there online emotions were hurt to go to a different forum and find out the grass aint always greener on the other side and come back crawling with different user names starting the same ol crap with the same ol piss poor outlook.

2010 Cpi Oliver 70cc, naruku trans kit, downhill handle bars, tecnigas rsll pipe, s6 4g rollers, Vento R4 with 90cc 1e52qmf technigas next r 100cc pipe Naruku, 21mm race carb, s6 4.5 g rollers
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #40

I go on several forums scootdawg is my main forum but i have no problem posting on any of them i just was confused by the whole ordeal
hoca big valve head 16/50 gears
9.25 gram dr pulley sliders koso variator 1.5k torque spring
orange coil orange unlimted cdi
uni filter
gates premium belt
2012 taotao vip cy50a scrappys 110cc big bore kit 52mm "88cc"
100 main jet 38 idle iridium plug custom paint, leds and decals alarm system
naraku hd crankshaft
Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 PM   #41

you now have the option so i guess all is solved
hoca big valve head 16/50 gears
9.25 gram dr pulley sliders koso variator 1.5k torque spring
orange coil orange unlimted cdi
uni filter
gates premium belt
2012 taotao vip cy50a scrappys 110cc big bore kit 52mm "88cc"
100 main jet 38 idle iridium plug custom paint, leds and decals alarm system
naraku hd crankshaft
Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 PM   #42

Whoa.. if you think this is some kind of huge money maker, think again. Do you know how much servers cost? Yes ads help with the costs, and if you figure in all the time involved, Id probably lose money! lmao

And I dont know what youre talking about, I never agreed to any terms. I've nevr had any agrement with PB, ever.

As far as my analogy, I wasn't talking about 'improvements', moreso the contents (furnishings).

Thank you Spandi, appreciate it!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #43

I also im a member of every scooter forum nothing wrong with that, thats not what i was posting about

Old 01-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #44

You are quite welcome....and with that I'll begin my preparations for turning in. Good night.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy554 View Post
I am staying, the other forum sucks compared to this one and also a lot of of people dont have to hide there identities like the did on the other ( why they did idk) plus there was no one really running the forum there, medman tired to help but couldnt keep up with the spam we were receiving every day. Everyone talks lee this lee that but as from what i seen he deserted the forum and didnt leave anyone in charge clearing showing he does care about it or its members, was a still good forum not cause of lee or any one person but its members, I always will be scootdawg on both but i hope the better of the two will move forward
So Lee started the forum, left it and then sold it to another and wanted all of the material that sucks sent here? If that's the case why just not start new with new material? Why not just have a different name for the better forum with better software and no SPAM and the advertising?

BTW how can a forum that sucks be a good forum?

the other forum sucks was a still good forum