Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 02-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandi View Post
I do remember some folks with the fake tiger tail hanging out of the gas cover.
Did't have a tiger in my tank, but I did have the banana seat bike with tiger stripes.
That was a Pontiac promotion...the "GTO Tiger" ad campaign.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #62

I like $6 or $7 in the scoot for a week. Filled the van from 1/4 to full for only $104.00. The van does last longer but it has 18 times the fuel capacity.
The ecotron kit should help FE, not enough to pay for itself anytime soon.

Summer 2010,I probably saved the cost of the scooter in gas compared to the Chevy Suburban just for the summer.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #63

Old?

When I was a kid I used to cut lawns. I finally saved up enough to buy a power mower. It was the Reel type. I don't even know if they had Rotaries then. I remember when they changed the price on the pump to $.25 a gallon & I was mad because it came out of my profits! A power mower might sound like an unnecessary frill but I cut almost every lawn in the neighborhood + my parents & they weren't SMALL lawns! OLD? Irish

Old 07-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #64

I have YET to visit gas pumps with my ride! My ride is a 2006 Sportster 1200 w/Trike kit. It would probably be considered more of a motorcycle than a scooter. The reason that my ride hasn't been to the gas pumps is that I fill a separate container with gas & keep the tank filled myself. That way I don't have to worry about the paint on my tank getting chipped! The paint is too nice to take a chance on messing it up! I even use a funnel when filling it up. It takes a little longer but I'm old & I didn't think I would live this long anyway! Irish
Old 07-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #65

What I do is fill up my scooter & a 1 1/2 gallon gas can at the same time. When I need gas I fill up out of gas can until is gone & half of my of the scooter tank is empty then fill up both that usually cost $6.00 - $7.00 to fill up .