Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 04-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #1

49cc rokiea chinese

this scooter hase two 20 amp fuses one under the front fairing and the one in the battery compartment both blow when the key is turned on.
I read out the stator and found it was shorted to ground. I replaced the stator and this stator reads shorted to ground . The connector from the harness has three wires and the stator has two. this is a new scooter with only a few miles on it. A friend purched it from the craigslist. He ran it untill the battery went dead. I need help to fix the charging system.I dont think that the pins in the connector coming from the stator should read to ground. If I leave the stator unpluged all nthe lights work the starter turns the engine over and It will run. is there an insolater missing under the stator coil?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by rotorhd; 04-26-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Add more info.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #2

Hopefully ,you can find a wiring diagram online somewhere.
For it to blow 20 amp fuses, you'd think the problem would be easy to find, a pinched wire to ground , wiring to the lights, rectifier.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #3

It blowes the fuses with the rectifer unpluged.I have gone so far as to remove the complete harness to look for a pinched ( shorted ) wire. I think I may replace the main harness if I can find the correct one.

Login or Register to Remove Ads