Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2019, 09:21 PM   #1

Died and venting gas

I'm glad to find a forum for this, thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me.

I have a 2019 Tao Tao 150cc scooter (GY6 motor I think) with about 1500 miles on it, we've had it for about 3 months. On the way into town this evening it just died, I was going about 55MPH. I tried to restart and at first it just turned over and didnt fire at all. a little later it did fire up a couple times for a few seconds but then died and it was dumping fuel from a line on the left side of the motor that looks like it was intended for that purpose.

I'm pretty mechanical, but I dont know where to start with this, I'd like to get the spark plug out but I cant even figure out how to get the plug wire off (it has a metal shroud on it)

If some one could give me some ideas, or at least a place to start, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: I figured out how to get the plug wire off and got the plug out. I expected to find it drown in gas but it's dry..... it had spark but I have nothing to compare it to, seems a little weak but there's no gas on it so I'd say spark is not the issue.

Login or Register to Remove Ads