Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 10-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #1

How do I get more speed out of a VERRUCCI on the cheap ?

Its a 49.6 cc 2stroke and tops out at a whopping 27 mph, GPS verified. Its for sale but I would like to make it faster first and don't have much $. Can I change sprockets or something? Its an 08 Challenger 4m

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #2

You could have a friend pull it behind his car.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #3

With a single speed instead of a CVT you can gear it for take off or top end . Unsure if you could swap out the chain drive for CVT components .

I had many pedal mopeds that were slow on take off and uphill since they were single speed chain drives . I also had 3 Tomos Bullets that had a 2 speed tranny like a Chevy Powerglide which was a huge improvement . Maybe the guys at www.mopedarmy.com could tell you if you could use the Tomos tranny as I have not wrenched a Geely engine before . Here is some parts including a BBK that should have more power http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/Ge..._2T_parts.html

Old 10-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #4

This one has no pedals on it. It looks alot like my gy6 peace sport. But I have looked on line for info on it and I believe it is chain-n-sprockett inside the side cover where my peace has a belt drive and a variator. Also there is a place to add 10w40 on it where my peace sports clutch is . Also the how e from the 2 stroke oil bottle under the seat goes into the back side of the side cover ... ??? WTF ??? LOL...
Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 AM   #5

If it doesn't have pedals and looks like an actual scooter it's gonna have a CVT. The chain and sprocket bikes are mopeds or moped style bikes.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #6

I haven't taken the cover off yet cuz I can't find any specific info or diagrams of whats under it. It has a place to add what they recomend to be 10w40 oil where the clutch is on my gy6 peace sport. I guess I'll have to take it off today and see for myself. The VERRUCCI website says my bikes 2stroke is a 139qmb gy6, but I dono what specific model year they are describing. I'm off wirk all day so I'll know without a doubt by tonight. Thanks alot for the input brothers! Xcept
4getful2, guess u forgot how to be funny...
Old 10-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #7

Well, I tried.
To be sure of what you have you need to look down on the drivers side just in front of the side cover and it should be stamped exactly what you have.
And you're sure the 10w-40 isn't for the rear-end lube? The fill hole is about by the lower shock mount and drain plug(10mm) is underneath.
If it really sounds like it revving at all it can make and you're sure the throttle is opening up all the way, you may want to look at the belt and see if it's worn to thin.Before you take the belt off, thios would be a good time to inspect your clutch operation, should go to the top of the pulley when revved, on the centerstand.
Other than that, check compression,check plug, fresh fuel filter,clean air filter.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #8

Ok I was right! Jot to be a know it all but YES IT IS CHAIN-N-SPROCKET!!! I got the side cover off just a min ago. I have yet figured how to post pics here, but I put one of it in my VERRUCCI album.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #9

http://www.scootdawg.net/album.php?a...&pictureid=416 Best I can do... Click on the link to see the chain driven 2008 VERRUCCI CHALLENGER VC50TS-4M

EDIT, Here ya go Dave.

Last edited by Guest_3; 10-17-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #10

Also, the rear drive shaft directly runs and regulates the 2stroke oil pump. The pump is directly attached to the end of the final drive gear. Cool huh
Old 10-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #11

That's the very first time ever I've seen a setup like that. And I've been riding and fixing scooters for 15 years. I know some of the Honda Hobbits were single or two speeds but they still had belt drive. I've never seen a single speed chain drive other than on a moped.

Upon further research this may be a clone of a Suzuki FA50. I haven't seen one of those in real life but the specs are similar. Single speed, centrifugal clutch, 2 stroke 50cc engine. Top speed 28 mph.

As for the oil pump I think attaching it to the drive gear is a bad idea. It means you only get lubrication while moving. Idle for too long and you'll end up starving for oil. Most oil pumps run off the engine so that whenever the engine runs you get oil. Maybe since it looks like the clutch is in the back, the oil pump attaches to the drivetrain before the clutch output so that it pumps whenever the engine turns rather than the wheels.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #12

Nope, clutch is straight off the motor. The only thing that activates the oil pump is the rear wheel final drive gear. I am fairly new to scooter mechanics myself, so I did alot of google search for this bike. The only info I could find was on the VERRUCCI website, and very little there. Thats why I had to see it for myself. I didnt want to take it apart cuz I knew I would have to make a gasket for it. That took me 2 hours and 45 min to scrape the old gasket. FYI, the side cover is solid aluminum, and weighs about 7 lbs.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #13

I am fixing it for a guy that bought it for $100. Question,"if you guys had a 2010 peace sport 50 in good shape that you put a couple hundred bucks into, would you trade it for the VERRUCCI and $400" ?
Old 10-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #14

I wouldn't even keep that bike. It looks like a painfully slow disaster waiting to happen with a bad oiling system and no transmission.

Trading in a perfectly working scooter for the Verucci seems like a losing end of the deal unless you can then in turn sell the Verrucci and keep the $400. Put all together and you have enough to buy, well another used 50cc scooter. Not that great a deal if you ask me if you already have a working scooter.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #15

You mite be rite buddy, thanks for the input! Ride safely