Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 10-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #1

New Member Big Bore Stroker Question

Hello everyone I just joined and this is my first post. I am a huge scooter fanatic on the quest for more power The problem is I have a 1p52qmi. I know the 1p52's (125cc) and the 1p57's (150cc) are the same besides the cylinder. All the reading I've done says that the difference with the p is in the head. Well if I buy this kit, won't it work since it basically replaces everything from the bottom up?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOOTER-150C...RTqXpj&vxp=mtr

Also, he says that it does not require a spacer. A +6mm stroke is alot to have no spacer no? Is all of that clearance cut out of the piston? The guy's feedback isn't too great so I'm a little weary

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider1219 View Post
Hello everyone I just joined and this is my first post. I am a huge scooter fanatic on the quest for more power The problem is I have a 1p52qmi. I know the 1p52's (125cc) and the 1p57's (150cc) are the same besides the cylinder. All the reading I've done says that the difference with the p is in the head. Well if I buy this kit, won't it work since it basically replaces everything from the bottom up?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOOTER-150C...RTqXpj&vxp=mtr

Also, he says that it does not require a spacer. A +6mm stroke is alot to have no spacer no? Is all of that clearance cut out of the piston? The guy's feedback isn't too great so I'm a little weary
I'm far from a scooter expert but an engine is an engine! A spacer might put you back to where you are now! A spacer might be defeating the purpose of the kit! Plan on high compression. I won't go thru the whole process of what I used to do when I "souped up" engines for motorcycles but you should be able to measure! Irish
Old 10-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Irish. I know a spacer would lower the compression and give me valve clearance, but I'm not sure what you men by "put me back where i am now". I'm still getting the extra displacement from the longer stroke, around 20cc's I think with the 63mm bore.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider1219 View Post
Thanks for the reply Irish. I know a spacer would lower the compression and give me valve clearance, but I'm not sure what you men by "put me back where i am now". I'm still getting the extra displacement from the longer stroke, around 20cc's I think with the 63mm bore.
By " put you back where you are now" I mean that the spacer will make the displacement What it was before! could be wrong. Its hardtop put into words what you mean to someone else. If you put a spacer in , you're defeating the kit & making the displacement what it was to start with! Do what you want. We're looking at things differently! Irish
P.S 0.63mm is only 0.02480 in

Last edited by Irish; 10-25-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: ad PS
Old 11-20-2015, 01:18 PM   #5

Exclamation yes, you are correct

Dirtrider. Irish, where did you come up with the .63 mm number? Kinda hit it sideways with that one. With a spacer, the compression ratio will drop, but you do still get to keep the increased displacement. without the spacer the piston is likely to hit the bottom of the head. As for working with your engine, I can't say. All these chinese manufacturers have their own designs I think. Based on the same honda design.
1980 Vespa Ciao
1967 Sears Allstate
Do I continue?

"Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose." Janis Joplin 1943-1970

Old 11-21-2015, 09:28 AM   #6

Yes that kit will work fine w your 1p52. Not it does not require a spacer.

4T 150cc 157 qmj

24mm carb w 115 main jet and paper cone air filter

Manual petcock w Tygon fuel lines

Scrappy Dog Scooters Retro-slash stainless straight-thru exhaust

RED spring clutch

Adjustable CDI (brand unknown, it's blue and red and works great!)

KOSO high performance variator w 12g sliders

Gates Powerlink 835-20-30 belt

GPS verified 65mph on flats.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz001 View Post
Dirtrider. Irish, where did you come up with the .63 mm number? Kinda hit it sideways with that one. With a spacer, the compression ratio will drop, but you do still get to keep the increased displacement. without the spacer the piston is likely to hit the bottom of the head. As for working with your engine, I can't say. All these chinese manufacturers have their own designs I think. Based on the same honda design.
I got the # from the World Wide Metric Website. It gives all conversions in all measurements. I could be wrong. I just quoting the website. When I built an engine , I used to put it in an engine stand , put clay on the tops of the pistons( in case of an over rev.), turn it over & look for any marks in the clay. If none , I would put in a Head Gasket & assemble. Long procedure but better than ruining parts! Irish

Tags
1p57qmj, big bore, differences