Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #1

Question Scooter security while shopping...

Just curious how most people handle this issue:

My incoming Roketa MC-54b comes equipped with a factory alarm system, which is apparently pretty unreliable and would probably serve me best if it's totally disconnected. I know the 250cc bike is heavier than many so it would be difficult for a single thief to quickly load into the back of truck, but I assume security will still be an issue...

When you make a quick stop at the store to pick up a few items, what is the general recommendation for parking/securing a 250cc scooter? I've seen wheel locks, chains, and other security devices, but these would be very inconvenient for a quick run in to Wal-Mart... but much less inconvenient than coming out and finding that your scooter is missing.

How do you handle this? Just park in a visible spot where the scoot will be visible to store security cameras? I know some people park bikes on the sidewalk near the entrance, but is this even legal/permitted?

Login or Register to Remove Ads