Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 04-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #1

Question Question!

Perhaps one of us "older folks" can answer this. As you get older & hopefully wiser , do you ever outgrow your youthful bad habits? EX: The other day , I went for a ride. I was on a road that was two lanes each way. I was being careful because my wife had told me that the Police were out in force & were giving out tickets over almost nothing. I was cruising at about 50 in a 40 zone. A customized Mustang pulled up along side of me & kept hitting the gas & slowing until he was next to me & doing it again. After many times , I kicked it from 5th to 4th & hit the gas! After burying him , I looked & I was doing 80 in that 40 zone. I slowed & thought-What's wrong with me? I'm 72 now , not 30/40. I'm supposed to have more sense than to do that. Does anyone of us "older folks" know if you ever get smart enough to outgrow those "old" habits? Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-11-2016, 09:36 PM   #2

Behaving that way slows the ageing process, Irish. You don't want to outgrow that behavior. You just gave that young fellow a valuable lesson about "power to weight ratio". By the way, you were on the Harley trike?
Old 04-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Behaving that way slows the ageing process, Irish. You don't want to outgrow that behavior. You just gave that young fellow a valuable lesson about "power to weight ratio". By the way, you were on the Harley trike?
Yes!!!! I was on the Harley Trike! Irish

Old 04-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #4

I hope that I never get old, if it means not having some fun. I now know when and where to do it better than I did when younger.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #5

The thing that bothers me is that I didn't pay any attention to my surroundings (Police , etc.) I just reverted back to my "old" self! I guess you always follow your old habits , unless you consciously make an effort to do so. Irish

Old 05-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #6

Exclamation

I did it again yesterday! I guess you never outgrow old habits! It's almost like there is a spring attached to my throttle hand. Irish