Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #1

2008 Robot (actually Jonway YY50QT-T20)

Folks,

This is the scooter I own a 2008 Robot by Jonway.

It has been sitting outside for over a year now. I had started the scooter last fall, added stabil and let it run for quite sometime and winterized it.

Earlier this year, in jan/feb when the weather was fine, I took it out to check if it would start - It would start but if I gave some throttle would shut right off...I gave up disappointed.

This past weekend, I gave it a nice wash and did the following:
  1. The battery was dead - I had a backup fully charged.
    The tank was drained
    The fuel filter (or charcoal canister?) was replaced
    Took the carburettor out and using carburettor cleaner (spray) sprayed most of the innards of the carburettor...enough to ensure there was no remnants of the old fuel. I dont enough to explain what are the things I cleaned
    I put it all back...
    I tried to start it. No luck. It would just crank but not come to life.
    I removed the air-intake filter and sprayed some starter fluid and kept cranking...it would start and die down soon after.
    I removed the spark plug, cleaned it thoroughly...and checked for spark (crank and bring the plug close to the body and verify there was a continuous spark.

One thing that bothers me is the line that comes out of the fuel tank (at the top, see this picture where to the right of the fuel cap is the golden metal flange securing the gas tank and right next to it is a line - what line is this? where should this go? when I opened the cowling, this line was all by itself, connected to nothing.

Also there is another line that is connected to the air-intake pipe...this snakes its way up - strangely, this was not connected to nothing...

If you see the picture closely, I duct-taped both these lines (sliding one into another)...

Other than this wonky arrangement, I did everything right.

My questions are, what are those 2 pipes for? Am i missing a part?Any pointers in why i cannot start the scoooter?

any help appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads