Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Media :: Reviews :: Classifieds :: General > General Scooter Discussion

Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #1

Pissed SC always trying to keep us down

www.wspa.com/story/24634647/sc-house-passes-new-moped-safety-requirements

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #2

Hi
Imho its a good idea, you can always have more safety measures in my book
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
Old 02-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #3

Well I generally recommend increased safety measures I have mixed emotions about this law. While I agree wholeheartedly that a bike going 30 in a 45 MPH + zone is a danger to both biker and cars...I dislike the flashing light requirement. I think that will just create to much distraction and issues on the road (is he stopped or not?).

The vest issue is a non-issue to me. I would have rather seen him be a man and require helmets for all cyclists. That however is another debate for another time (I'm pro helmet by the way).

Old 02-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #4

Hi
For me its ATGATT all the way
And for those that don't like the look of a reflective vest theres many hi viz reflective riding jackets out there
http://www.revzilla.com/hi-viz-neon-motorcycle-gear\
Yours Hank
Old 02-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #5

Bad part is a lot of the back roads around here are 45 - 55MPH, the road i front of my house is 55 and a scoot is the only transportation I have. This passes and I'm stuck in the driveway.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll View Post
Bad part is a lot of the back roads around here are 45 - 55MPH, the road i front of my house is 55 and a scoot is the only transportation I have. This passes and I'm stuck in the driveway.
Hi
So sorry to hear that
You may have to get a larger scoot 150+ CCs get your endorsement and title register and insure as a motorcycle then
Yours Hank
Old 02-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #7

Bummer. As scooters grow in popularity however your going to see more of this.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #8

They should revisit the classification and restrictions. Class a moped as up to 150cc and raise moped speed limit to 40 from 25 and also require insurance and registration.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #9

I am for anything that provides for better visibility and I am also pro helmet. As far as restrictions as to where I can ride, I should be allowed anywhere a bicycle is allowed. If my scooter won't travel faster than a bicycle then what's the point of riding one.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #10

Maybe it should the bicyclists ought have the same regulations as scooters...
Old 06-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndguy View Post
Well I generally recommend increased safety measures I have mixed emotions about this law. While I agree wholeheartedly that a bike going 30 in a 45 MPH + zone is a danger to both biker and cars...I dislike the flashing light requirement. I think that will just create to much distraction and issues on the road (is he stopped or not?).

The vest issue is a non-issue to me. I would have rather seen him be a man and require helmets for all cyclists. That however is another debate for another time (I'm pro helmet by the way).
pro helmet?---Let those who ride decide! While it may be stupid to ride without one , I'm totally against anything being mandated by the Govt! It's getting so that the people can't decide anything anymore. I don't walk with a cane because I want decisions made for me. Once upon a time this was AMERICA! (Sorry for the rant-I've always believed that the squeaky hinge gets the oil) Irish