Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 03-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #1

bogging acting like choke is on

my scooter has been running great then I think I might of got some premium gas with ethonal.this is whats happening.its sputtering like the choke is on or a bad plug till I hit a down hill and once it gets to 8000 rpms shes fine and will do over 50.i have a bbk,pipe and jetted to a 80.my pipe always wakes up at 8000 rpms but it cant get there unless I get a down hill and once it hits that mark it will scream until I let it go below the 8000 rpms.it starts right up also but sputtering till those rpms.changed plug also

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #2

Could actually be the choke not working right if you have a carb with electric choke.

Otherwise sounds like something in your carb is either out of adjustment or possibly clogged. I would check the pilot jet first.

Also an 80 jet sounds a bit small for that setup, how do your plugs look? Nice and brown, or white?

2005 Yamaha BWS (Zuma) "Garfield"
TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, NCY Adjustable Secondary Sliding Sheave, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:43 AM   #3

I fixed it.it was the carburetor boot to the air cleaner had a crack in it.i tried a 85 jet and ran terrible the 80 is just right.actually the 75 worked fine but more rpms with the 80 and my gas mileage sucks I also have 1500 rpm clutch and torque springs

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-14-2015, 01:31 AM   #4

Ah yea that would do it.

Your carb is probably different than mine, so I guess it makes sense that the jet size would be different too.

2005 Yamaha BWS (Zuma) "Garfield"
TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, NCY Adjustable Secondary Sliding Sheave, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.