Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 07-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #16

My last bike in NH was a chopped 71 Bonneville. My best friend bought it new in Conn & no one ever had a wrench on it but me! It makes a BIG difference when only someone that knows Triumphs is the only one that ever works on them! After I got done with the engine & chopping , I painted it Black Imron(sp?) with Kelly Green pin stripping. It was my Street Bike & it turned 12.2 in the 1/4. Not fast now but this was the '60s. Irish
P.S. That's also with an 8" over Ft End.
P.P.S. That's also when a Big back tire was a 5.10 X 16 Goodyear with a Harley Rim , custom spocked(sp)to a Triumph hub. Wider than that & the tire would rub on the chain! (These changes were submitted by Rube Goldberg)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Irish; 07-12-2016 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Addition!
Old 07-25-2016, 03:06 AM   #17

i'm a late bloomer. Just started this summer but i'm making up for lost time...
Old 12-25-2016, 12:58 AM   #18

Neither of these pictures are mine but they are the exact same bikes.
I forget which one I had first because they were both in the same school year.

One was a 1970 Vespa 125, and the other was an unknown year (parts bike, reborn) Hodaka ace 90.

The Vespa I crashed into the school building, and bent the fork so badly that I parted out the bike.
The Hodaka blew the spark plug out of the head, cracked the fuel tank, and caught fire.

That was the beginning of a 42 year run. To date there have been well over three hundred bikes, and almost as many good stories to go along with them. They say everything catches up with you... At 57 I can barley get out of bed but I still ride EVERYDAY.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (7.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Hodaka Ace 90 1 x.jpg (95.3 KB, 2 views)

Old 12-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #19

My first one was one of these things, I was 14 and it was legal with a driver's license and tag. Notice it has a variable centrifugal clutch. One of the things he doesn't mention is the reserve was a compartment in the fuel tank and if you ran out of gas you laid it on it's side so the gas would run over to the petcock side, set it back upright and you had fuel once again down to the carb. Duel spark plugs and duel exhaust ! Only brake was on the back wheel (no front brake) and no battery, a 2cycle engine, kick start only and lights were run by a coil and from the flywheel magnets. They were heavy but sturdy.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #20

No pics but was a old school minibike 80ccs chain driven right off the engine lol did like 20mph but I learned and had a blast

Old 03-26-2017, 06:13 PM   #21

Harley-Davidson Sprint 250

Harley-Davidson Sprint 250 was my first scooter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3e021085eddfa58d8ab796d4efd85cf2.jpg (37.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #22

At age 4 I learned to ride a bicycle. At 5, my pops got me a mini bike.
Rode over rocks, rode over snakes, and once over my step-brother. Foot only

Last edited by SaltyFunk; 08-14-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: picture
Old 08-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #23

I just got another of my first fun scooter, a 89 Yamaha Zuma! One side of me wants to leave it stock and the other side wants to mod the crap out of it. Feel like a youngster when I ride it, and thats what matters most! Now I just gotta get another Honda Hawk NTV650, as that was my first fun bike. First scooter was a Honda Elite 80. Boring but reliable. First motorcycle was a early 80's Honda CB500 for FREE. Old and scary but overall reliable. Passed it on for free when I bought my 93 Honda CBR900RR, that I wreaked in the first week learning stunts. Got me in trouble and helped me learn about lawyers and traffic court! Almost had to pick up soap for bigger, stronger men on weekends but luck and a connection (friends with the substitute judge that day) helped me escape that horrible fate. Have never owned a rocket bike since. Plus, if I ever got caught doing something stupid the bigger, stronger men will have their way with me! Im in the court systems "habitual offender" list till this day.