Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 01-15-2015, 04:47 PM   #1

Oh No No spark

Hello! I see everyone here is very helpful, so I decided to see if you can help me.

I have a 2011 peace sports scooter that I got used I changed the carburetor and put on a new starter relay and it worked fine for the first day. Next day I try to start, nothing. I moved some stuff around checking with the problem was and then it started again, drove around, stopped it, started again and drove around.. did this 5 or more times and it worked fine, next day... nothing. I waited again over night and it started the next day, again that day it worked fine.. on and off.. now yesterday and today i couldn't get it started. I changed the CDI, coil, spark plug, and tested the stator which gave around 5 volts while trying to start. Another 2010 scooter i have gives the same amount of volts. I'm thinking loose connection somewhere, but I dont see any bad connections. Please help, when the scooter did start, it worked like a boss.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-16-2015, 04:40 AM   #2

I would suspect a balky kill switch as the first thought. I think you've answered your own question though. A bad connection somewhere. Start by taking connections in the ignition circuit apart and cleaning them, one at a time, and see if it starts after each cleaning. Then you'll know if you got it. I assume the electric starter works and it cranks. If that's not happening, check your ground wires.
2009 MC-114 50cc Cub Clone- 4,317 miles
twowheeler.yolasite.com/

That's 30,049 China Scootin miles and Counting.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:00 PM   #3

All fixed with a new stator, but it takes a long time to get started for the first time, then after I ride a bit, and stop it, it starts fine.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-21-2015, 07:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz1000st View Post
I would suspect a balky kill switch as the first thought. I think you've answered your own question though. A bad connection somewhere. Start by taking connections in the ignition circuit apart and cleaning them, one at a time, and see if it starts after each cleaning. Then you'll know if you got it. I assume the electric starter works and it cranks. If that's not happening, check your ground wires.
Hope you can help (read last reply)

Tags
no spark, problem, spark