Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 05-16-2014, 01:39 AM   #1

eton bemer matrix 2 have to choke

whats up dogs im scooterduder this is my first scooter dont really know much about them so i have a question. my scooter starts up fine it will idle fine but when i take it off choke it stalls when i give it gas. It will run fine on 1/4 choke and when i go down the road i can turn off the choke and its fine, but when i stop and give it gas it stalls. i was told its lean or getting air so i have to choke it. my uncle sold it to me for 1000$ it has 2000 miles on it. it was stored for a year with 1/4 tank and some stable in it.could this be because of the gas or just cold weather related? i put about 100 miles on it and it still runs like that. if you guys could help that would be awesome thanks. s.d.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #2

if you have to run it with the choke on you are definetly to lean
Old 05-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #3

what happens if i keep driving it like that?

Old 05-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #4

i think when you run lean the engine can run hotter. you probably need to either clean your carb or adjust it. the choke is just supposed to be to let the engine warm up and then it should be off.

Also, I read somewhere that a way to tell if air is getting in is to spray carb cleaner where you suspect a leak while it's running.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #5

Thanks for the input dudes. I took the seat bucket out to look at the carb,it was all wet and dirty looking. I found four screws that looked like they held some important shit together so I tightened them a bit about 1/4 turn each seems to have cleared up. now im getting a smooth idle and a slight pop every few seconds.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #6

im sure that carb was leaking. i guess someone cut my green wire already. oh its a 2 stroke 49cc.it had weed whacker oil in it i cleaned all that crap out and put ams oil in it.thanks again for your help. sd
Old 05-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #7

If the 4 screws you tightened were for the float bowl, then you were running lean air leaking in and will make your carb wet from gas leaking out. You should be good to go. If the slight pop occurs during smooth idle only I wouldn't worry to much about that. As long as it runs good otherwise.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:26 PM   #8

I think thats exactly what it was. the carb was all wet looking. two screws on the top and two a lil lower . i think they both had some sort of rubber gasket. so all i did was tighten them and now it runs good without choking. i can stop and take off without it stalling. it does seem to want to stall if i pussyfoot the throttle from a stop if i rap it a few times it takes off good. well i think we fixed this bike dudes.

Last edited by scooterduder; 05-19-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:32 AM   #9

You might still want to take the carb apart and clean the bowl and jets. I got a scoot once that had been stored for 2 years with sta-bil and the inside of the carb looked like hell. Took me almost a full can of carb cleaner to get everything cleared out so it would run. Do that and it should run like a champ after.

If you need to store it again, use Seafoam instead of sta-bil. Sta-bil sucks donkey balls.

2005 Yamaha BWS (Zuma) "Garfield"
TP Black Trophy 70cc, Giannelli Reverse Pipe, 5g Dr. Pulley Sliders, Delta Clutch with Yellow Springs and Yellow Contra, Malossi Torque Controller, Naraku R-Vent Bell, NCY Adjustable Secondary Sliding Sheave, CF Reeds, Kege Analog Tach, Dual Headlight Mod, N.A. Rear Fender Delete, OEM Short Windshield.