Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 05-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #1

07 roketa 50cc not getting enough fuel

New here ive got an 07 roketa 50cc and it is not getting enough fuel. at wot it will bog and eventually die unless you partially block off the intake then it will rev out like normal. Bought it used and it had sat most its life only has 346 miles on it i put a new carb on it and a new fuel pump petcock on it ive messed with the mixture screw check and rechecked for vac leaks and cant seem to get this thing to run at full potential im stumped any ideas thanks in advace

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #2

Got the airbox on? Is the airbox in good shape with no cracks ect? Blocking the intake to get it to run tells me that you are not getting the fuel. The qmb49 engine will run badly with out the air box unless the carb is upjetted a significant amount. Same as putting on a uni type air filter.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

It does it with the airbox of or on and its perfect no problems with it no cracks filter is clean

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-25-2014, 11:47 PM   #4

I am sure it is a fuel delivery problem. A process of elimination. No vacuum leaks,new petcock, airbox ok,and a new carb. Them are eliminated from the problem thus far. I would replace the fuel filter and hoses next. 2007 and 2008 scooters were nortorious for bad hoses,bad fuel filters and even fuel filters installed backwards. It is possible if you still have the orginal hoses on that the vacuum hose could be collapsing thus cutting off the vacuum to the petcock during high speed operation. It may be needed to install a larger main jet in the carb as well,say maybe a 80 or a 85.