Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 01-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley View Post
we're like a happy little train wreck.
Can I add that to my signature that is awesome +27.3

Oh by the way your invite to the hardcore is still pending...

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.
- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

1983 Honda GL650I SilverWing

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by scootnwinn; 01-27-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: ps
Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #17

its all yours.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #18

Quote:
on some other forums there are few participants.
there are one or two guys who really do know everything and so you get an expert answer
with pictures and diagrams every time.but the active community is so small there is rarely any good discussion.on scootdawg sometimes the discussion and personalities get in the way of answers, but that is what makes this forum different and fun and irritating and what keeps people coming back.even some who talk bad about us elsewhwere, cant stay away.
Hi Dudley
Your sig brings to mind this

Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi Glenn
I try to always help out when im able
“I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”

Etienne de Grellet (1773-1855)
Quaker Missionary

Yours Hank
Hank thanks! I always found much meaning in that quote...as it is very true..
Old 01-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootnwinn View Post
She wasn't insulted or ridiculed she didn't want to be a member of this site she thought he info was stolen. She was logged into the other site this morning. I thought she was you (apparrently erroneously) I apologized seems like its all over. There was no insulting here if there was copy and paste the event here so we can be sure to never do it again. The whole thing I described above happened on the other site.
she PM'ed me, as a woman and i had tried to help her, she didnt have much nice to say and said on the thread she really wanted to blast you, but was a good girl. We/woman are NOT men, u surely know that by now, correct? anywho's alot of us are like that when we come into a "man's world" & feel we r being treated as less than = ! we can get nasty, im sure u might know a few woman like that, 'nuff said

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno711 View Post
Perhaps I'm the exception, but for whatever reason my very first thread on here is still going and it has 14 pages.
thats 'cause ur a dumbass j/k lmsao you asked for advice etc etc, contrary to popular opinion this also a social site, and people wanna tell ya their experiences
also see above^^^^ women are a better breed thats why we are called the better 1/2 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Lefty
& you'd give that one to be 40 again, lol
Quote:
I agree heartily and will work on my attitudes but, I think the words are "Physician heal thyself"

not sure if you were on site when i 'confessed' a few months after i joined, way back when, i'm bipolar. wasnt diagnosed till i was 40. Thought everyones life was as Fed as mine. Didnt really seek help till i was 50. No excuses, just facts.

There is a whole Christians are stupid tirade in that thread. There are days when you rampage through the whole forum nastily. Any way I do agree and hope you actually mean it.
ever been abused by a priest. well ok please bare with me.
Quote:
on some other forums there are few participants.
there are one or two guys who really do know everything and so you get an expert answer
with pictures and diagrams every time.but the active community is so small there is rarely any good discussion.on scootdawg sometimes the discussion and personalities get in the way of answers, but that is what makes this forum different and fun and irritating and what keeps people coming back.even some who talk bad about us elsewhwere, cant stay away.
+1

2008 Shanghai Schenke Motorcycle Company LTD
model # SL-15021B
added extra turn signals, brake lights on the trunk
saddle bags and a windshield
67 mph top speed ALL STOCK
verified by PSP

"Hillary in 2016"

Old 01-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrilee View Post

ever been abused by a priest. well ok please bare with me.
I can bare with you, understand that many of us Christians are protestants meaning we protest against the entire machine that the priest who hurt you was a member of. There are many types of people on here, remember what you said in this thread and be certain I will remind you when you are flaming someone because you feel like it at the time.

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Last edited by scootnwinn; 01-27-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: can't type and I'm on notice for no spell check ;)
Old 01-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
Hi Dudley
Your sig brings to mind this

Yours Hank
Ah the Motorhead real metal

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #23

Hi
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of the pleasures; costs nothing and conveys much. It pleases him who gives and ;him who receives, and thus, like mercy, it is twice blessed.

Erastus Wiman
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank
Old 01-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #24

Nice Hank I hope to be able to always remember that...

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #25

Quote:
I can bare with you, understand that many of us Christians are protestants meaning we protest against the entire machine that the priest who hurt you was a member of. There are many types of people on here.
This is very true...many different backgrounds. i.e. We do not have a written book to go by and we worship Mother Earth vice another appointed over us. Thankfully so far I have not been ridiculed on our faith. I am sure it may come...but as long as my faith and devotion is powerful enough..it will mean nothing to me. I do understand the frustration of the 'know it all' younger folks that seek advice..then ridicule what advice is given. There was a fellow on 49ccscoot like that and now no matter what he posts..his posts go unanswered or replied to. That I do find justifiable for all he did was cuss members out..call them 'retards'..tell them to shut up since they do not or have never owned a Benelli X50. Therefore his attitude cost him much needed assistance....
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #26

This new forum I hope will help us all to remember this thread. Already I see promising action and involvement from the mods to keep us all in check. I know I may have some bad habits that I would be better with out.

- Benjamin Franklin

Join the HARDCORE

Old 01-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #27

I cant stop laughing.
This is almost 'CE' funny content.

BTW where is CE --- make this -"Sd.net"- complete-- go get him.

And yes
scootnwinn +1

--------------------------
2009 Jonway 50 4t
Old 01-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #28

-> Start rant.

I don't ever really pay attention to the male or female thing because one can never really tell for sure who is what and it really doesn't matter anyway. I help if I can and try not to repeat info somebody else has already given unless there is some point of it needing expansion. No need for that OH, OH, OH, ME TOO nonsense.

By and large people ask things because they are not sure or they don't know and need help. We don't advance our position or the pleasure of scootering when disparaging comments, threatening with malice, giving willful misinformation or other such harsh nastiness are projected at ANY member, new or not. And vulgar name calling is just flat out juvenile and a total waste of text space.

It is OK to attack the IDEA but not the person is the main point that should be applied to "disagreements". Beating a dead horse to death is unproductive as well, though revisiting subjects with a modicum of sanity with the REAL intent of enlightenment is a worthy act. We do tire of testosterone wars and pissing contests though. (at least I do)

And please, if you don't absolutely know a thing for sure and to be able to save face if you end up being wrong about it, then end each idea with "IMO"
Facts and truth are what they are, but opinions allow for some latitude. "IMO" gives a person a defensible position in an argument of the merits of a point in question. In other words: "OK, so I'm wrong. But I did say it was JUST my opinion and not stated as fact".
And there is no shame admitting you were wrong. People will likely respect you more for that in spite of what the natural feeling of weakness conceding may bring to you.

But jeez, can't we all just get along?
-> End rant

Sorry, but sometimes I just go on and on. It's OK to tell me if I'm being too long winded.... I tend to do that .... just so you all know. After working 33 years in psych, I've been called just about everything under the sun and can spot crazy (and BS too) however subtle it may be from a mile away. Been pretty good at helping folks separate fantasy from reality. Could work here too.....maybe.
"Darkside" Honda Reflex.
"Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."

Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me
Old 01-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #29

im postin nonsense to make sure this thread stays up and gets full of irrelevant bs so people can see 4 pages and think man o man must be some good info in there but no its just some one bumping a thread that has all ready been answered ,,,Lipie oronip bor gir osetiel nacotit otinigi rig! Nofel cam rifu oro. Rarine inep ve idecipac lagorie pi pur co sos, cumi nitafed riyala: Iewaliluc ierayeti fie te horadum, gobaries beda case arerupoc irenedus fa. Soceci nuri rinatac unec onetah te ureviri hiredie? Niqomis nasesod munehi akigi iecibe. Araciton fede olereca: Ame mipumot ro egub wed fene sigirel rita sewaqul.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #30

You spelled niquomus wrong!