Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 04-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #1

So what is the correct pre-mix ratio for a 1e40QMB?

Rebuilding a mid-2000's Venice-style 2T scoot, has the 1e40qmb Minarelli design engine. Oil pump or the plastic gear that drives that pump is faulty and cannot get it to prime oil. Tired of spending money on this, and I do not plan to be more than a few miles from my house, ergo never very far from a large jug of pre-mix, so came to the conclusion to eliminate the oil pump/injection system and go straight pre-mix. Engine has not been modified in any way, 50 cc, standard carb, exhaust pipe, coil, plug, CDI, etc. What I am struggling to find is a definitive answer to what is the right pre-mix ratio for going straight pre-mix all the time? All I can find is "break in period/priming the oil pump" instructions that seem to assume that the engine is getting at least some oil from the oil pump and then you wean the bike off of pre-mix. The Haynes Chinese scooter manual was the only one that actually listed a ratio of 50:1, but again, that was instructions to temporarily bypass the gas tank and oil injector to get the engine running long enough to fully prime the oiler system. I am going to stick with 50:1 until told differently, hoping that someone on this forum can say with confidence that 50:1 is what these engines are designed to run at.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #2

50:1 is the correct ratio. I use the same fuel can for my 2 stroke lawn equipment, old PUCH moped and the pre-mix Zuma Im currently messing with. I also use STIHL HP-Ultra 2 stroke oil. So far, so good. PUCH has a K-Star kit on it and the Zuma has a Stage 1 set-up.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:41 PM   #3

Thanks! I am using Amsoil synthetic that a friend gave me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
50:1, pre-mix