Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 08-30-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

Oh No 2016 gy6 chuckus

Hello I have recently bought a 2016 chuckus with a 50cc gy6
I bought it with no spark so I replaced cdi and stator and it started, bogged out had no fuel, I put gas in the tank today and went to fire it up and it just turns over but doesn’t start, checked the spark and it has it, I pulled the fuel line off the fuel pump and it spits right out, took the carb off and cleaned the jets and what not put it back on and it still doesn’t start, it was just running yesterday for a bit any ideas? I’m starting to lose patience with it .

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-02-2018, 10:26 AM   #2

It's probably a fuel problem. Give it a shot of carb cleaner into the carb and see if it fires. If it does you have carburetor problems or fuel delivery to the carb. There is a drain valve on the carb, you can open that and tell if gas is getting into the carb fuel bowl. I've messed with the carbs and wound up finally just buying one and that finally fixed the problem. Also a good battery and small charger are really handy at times like this. There are gobs of youtubes on trouble shooting scooters watch a few and you'll get it running. Come back and tell us what you found and how you fixed it.

Here ya go pick one, youtube.... https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+won%27t+start
Old 09-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #3

I ordered a new carb and new petcock cause when
I sucked on the vacuum line of the old petcock I
Was getting fuel through the vacuum line, just
Installed everything and still won’t fire what am I doing wrong?
I have the fuel line going from the petcock to the
Carb and the vacuum line going to the intake fuel lines aren’t clogged
Even tried spraying starting fluid into where the air filter goes and got nothing
Also checked for spark again and I have spark, I don’t know what to do

Old 09-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #4

IMHO the best thing to do with the vacuum petcocks on these things is throw them in the trash and get a manual one. They are great in theory but from my personal experience rarely operate correctly for very long.

Take the intake hose off, hold your hand over the end of the carb, and try to crank it. Tell me if it tries to fire off like that.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #5

What I'd do,.... take the fuel line off the carb and crank the engine, Fuel should flow out when the engine cranks. If no fuel start checking all the vacuum lines or plug them all but the one to the petcock and see if you can get fuel that way. If not check for vacuum leaks at the manifold. Once you are sure you are getting fuel to the carburetor you can open the drain valve at the bottom of the carb and make sure it's filling with gas. The spark... https://www.buggydepot.com/tech-cent...uide-no-spark/ also check the valve clearance