Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 03-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #1

Razz 2005 eton Beamer 2 build

Hey guys, I have a 2005 eton Beamer 2, I was pinned at 38 stock, so I was looking for more speed. I bought an tecnigas next r exhaust expecting a few mph gain but it was just more power, so I went into my vari and found a washer I believe is a restrictor, which everyone else says is not. It's very skinny so it looks like a spacer but I now have a top speed of 43, the carb has a 88 main, I'm about to get a 788 belt vs my 780 in hopes for a little extra speed as I still don't think I'm using all of my variator. I just got 2k clutch springs I'm trying to install but I don't have a impact so the clutch is a real pain. I don't think my rpms have increased so my exhaust port is only half cut out it looks like a D so I'm going to port it to match my exhaust later on today in hopes for a few more rpm. What's everyone think? Tips? Ideas?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-24-2017, 11:45 AM   #2

Here's a pic I'll post more later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1770.jpg (90.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-25-2017, 12:39 AM   #3

Doh!

Well damn I had a setback tonight. I was installed my 2k clutch springs, and I go to ride it and it felt like it almost didn't launch any harder but 3 feet later my variator came loose, and I watched it roll down the street past me along with all the washers and sheaves lmao can't find the sheave key or washer but new variator is getting ordered. But anyone know why I didn't get a higher rpm clutch engagement? Do the springs take some time to brake in and wear in? Let me know and say hello if your going To be following this thread. Always remember to tighten everything.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #4

New variator ordered. Stock specs more than likely nothing special, but mine was worn out a bit to begin with. Anyone know the eton Beamer comes with metal rollers? I was shocked. Most come with plastic, these are surprisingly mint not a single flat spot or anything but plastic lighter weights on the way aswell, to bring my rpms up a touch as I'm not in powerband at all until I hit like 32 then that's just because my variator was maxed and I was revving out lol. I'm anxious to get this sucker tuned perfectly, and pulling the absolute best it can pull before consistent 60° weather comes. Anyone have any recommendations on a good high rev happy 2 stroke oil? (For the injectors I haven't swapped to premix yet and don't plan to until it has a 72cc kit on it)
Old 03-26-2017, 12:02 PM   #5

Pics as promised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1845.jpg (93.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1847.jpg (86.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1848.jpg (84.3 KB, 6 views)

Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #6

Minor update: stage 6 4-5.5 gram roller kit came. Took me about 40 minutes to break each roller in half to put in some 4.5s vs the 5.5s stock. Other wise weights were dead on within 0.03 grams, thanks to my Triton v2 scale.

I just want to play ��
Old 04-01-2017, 07:23 PM   #7

Yes clutch springs quickly "break in" ...have 1500 on mine, 10 gram rollers... Bel-Ray is GREAT oil. All blends, 4stroke, 2stroke i'm pretty sure...Maxima has good gear oil. Scooter/Motorcycle specific.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #8

Update:
-working on rigging up launch control, it's already set up now just need a good quality metal toggle switch. If anyone's interested ask and I'll explain.
-got front plastics to fit with the light bar, so now it looks better. See picture.
-front brake master cylinder level viewing glass circle cracked out so I filled the hole with fuel resistant rtv in hopes brake fluid won't eat it. That's temporary don't worry lol I'll get a nice lever set.
-going to pick up a dremel from Home Depot, pull my cylinder off, and open the exhaust port up a few mm totally not professionally. Just try to match it to the exhaust atleast a little better than it is now.

That's about it, can't wait for some nice rides this summer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1917.jpg (91.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1919.jpg (92.0 KB, 7 views)
-derestricted
-ported
-4g stage 6 rollers
-8 inch light bar
-rider mod; Balls; 140lbs

Don't ride faster than your angel can fly. He's a sore loser.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #9

Ported it out a bit, probably lifted it by a mm on the inside but opened the exhaust side to match the exhaust. Hopefully she has .1 more horsepower lol. See pictures. I know it's a little sloppy but that's how I roll. It'll be fine haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1927.jpg (88.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1926.jpg (93.3 KB, 6 views)
-derestricted
-ported
-4g stage 6 rollers
-8 inch light bar

Old 04-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #10

Update:
-top speed went from 38-41 with vari washer removed, and 41-46+ after porting. Going to clean up the porting some more and raise it a touch more as if it blows I don't care there will be a sport pro on this sucker within 3 weeks.
-about to add a 90 main instead of 88 as I opened the airbox opening a little.
-about to add 4g rollers instead of 4.5
-switched from 2k springs to stock as the 2k were launching just above idle.
-launch control fully functional
-when I say about I mean in 10 minutes lol
-fuel resistant rtv gets destroyed with brake fluid
-just got a new job so lots of mods to be done very soon.

Any suggestions tips or love is much appreciated. Enjoy the decent weather fellow riders
-derestricted
-ported
-4g stage 6 rollers
-8 inch light bar

Old 04-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #11

Update
- new job is hard work but paying off nicely.
-over the weekend I blew my variator fixed half to shreds all the cooling fins blew clean off
-new variator half ordered along with a new star shaped key thing I called it a sheave but was told that's not what it's called
-new plug boot coming because everytime I hit a jump on this thing it just falls off, the moped dies, and I nearly die expecting to have power to pull me out of the corner at the end lol
-I also got a Bando 788 belt in hand right now just waiting to pull me 3+ mph higher lol sooner or later this dinger will be cruising at 65
-derestricted
-ported
-4g stage 6 rollers
-8 inch light bar

Old 09-27-2017, 12:26 AM   #12

Thank you for all of your information! I have the same moped and I'm thinking about modding it to make it go faster as well. What parts do you think makes the most impact?
Old 09-27-2017, 11:12 PM   #13

The Eton Beamer should be a 2 stroke, and the motor is a clone of the Minarelli Zuma bug-eye motor (and many more common scooters). I have only ever seen one Beamer in real life. Nice scooter. Had a bbk and it was very quick! Anyways, the Tecnigas Next R is a great entry level exhaust. Set up correctly it makes a nice gain in performance. A Malossi Multivar 2000 is a good match also. Roller weights, clutch springs, torque driver spring and up-jetting (usually not needed with a Next-R) are trial and error BUT INSTALL CARBON FIBER REEDS with a Next R OR a RS! Something with the sound wave bounce back likes to crack metal reeds and destroy your top end! Have seen it happen on 3 different scooters! Carbon fiber reeds are cheap insurance!
Old 09-28-2017, 09:27 AM   #14

Thanks for the information! Probably have to save up for the Next R since they are so pricey. I bought some roller weights to swap out but my main goal is to take that stinkin restrictor washer out as OP did! Haven't gotten to any of it because the previous owner stripped 2 screws. -.-
Old 09-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #15

I hate surprises from prior owners. Stripped screws are the worse! Where are you located ScooterAl?

Tags
2 stroke, build, eton, fun, goon