Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > General > The Dawg Pound

Old 08-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #1

Exclamation Can't Grow Up!

I haven't been riding much because of residual effects from the chemo! The way that the cage drivers drive you really have to have your wits about you plus I can't seem to let the souped up cars pass me. They start breaking them & I find myself kicking down a gear & twisting the throttle. After , I tell myself-You're 73 now , not 30! You're going to get a ticket , act your age! Old habits are hard to break. They pull up next to me , drop back , burn rubber & I'm off! My wife would say-Let them go-but something inside reverts back to my street racing days! Most of the time , I ride normally but every now & then I go crazy! Irish

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #2

Does a collie dog ever stop chasing cars?
Old 08-13-2017, 12:03 AM   #3

My wife and I are older (late 40's me, early 60's her) and we still go to hardcore/punk and grind concerts. Get on the edge of the pit and have fun. All the younger kids think its the coolest thing ever having a older lady in the crowd pushing them around and older people buy us drinks for having the courage to leave the bar to join the crowd. Only as old as you think you are! Scooters keep us young. Fun concerts keep us young. Even our bicycles keep us young. She has a fully custom Rat Fink cruiser and I have a Taj 26" bmx bike. Now falling off the scooter makes us feel old. Getting knocked down at a show makes us feel old. Wreaking the bicycles after flying down a steep trail makes us feel old but I wouldnt have it any other way. Bumps and bruises heal. Live your life!

Old 08-13-2017, 11:24 PM   #4

You went through a lot to beat cancer, Irish. Don't feel bad about having a youthful attitude toward life.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Does a collie dog ever stop chasing cars?
The question is-What does he do when he catches them? Irish

Old 08-18-2017, 02:58 PM   #6

I think that I'll just say "screw it" & do what I've always done! The guys that knew me in NH would wonder why I changed , if I didn't do it , people would think that I changed & my reputation is very important to me! I never worried about getting stopped before. (Of course I drank then) but booze only emphasizes the way that you really are! Irish
P.S. I've been riding for 50+yrs! Why change now?
Old 08-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #7

For me it's a return to days when I was younger... a lot younger. I do take into account what the aging process has done to my poor old body. Hearing, sight, reflexes and I probably can't whoop that other drivers butt now days. I'm staying active as long as I can.
The older I get, the better I was.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
For me it's a return to days when I was younger... a lot younger. I do take into account what the aging process has done to my poor old body. Hearing, sight, reflexes and I probably can't whoop that other drivers butt now days. I'm staying active as long as I can.
The older I get, the better I was.
It's like that Toby Keith song-I'm better ONCE now than I ever was! Irish