Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 125cc - 249cc

Old 07-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #1

Taizhou 150cc not starting

Hey guys,
I've been reading these forums for a while but never posted. However, today my Taizhou 150CC scooter wouldnt start. I tried using some starting fluid down the air intake, the battery was fine (starter sounded good) but the scooter wouldnt turn over at all. I got a couple small pops with the starter fluid but thats it. Could also smell the fuel when it was cranking so im not sure thats the issue. Tried all different throttle settings but still nothing. The battery is now dying from me trying to start it so much. Kick starter hasn't worked since i bought it (the pedal slips on the nut its attached to, so it doesnt actually turn the bike, anyone know how to fix this?). I'm out of ideas other then to check the spark plug tomorrow, but I feel like that wouldnt cause it to randomly just not start. Help please!
Thanks a ton guys

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-18-2015, 09:28 PM   #2

You need three things:
Air
Fuel
Spark

You seem to have fuel.
Pull the plug and hold it next to the chasis or engine while cranking, if you have spark, you have spark, if not you have an answer.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:31 PM   #3

This morning, the scooter fired up and drove fine. Now, it wont start again. Does this seem like a battery issue?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #4

Could be an intermittent spark issue. I've had stiuations where the boot SEEMS to fit over the plug but after some road vibration it moves enough to cause a poor connection. Sometimes these are tough to track down. As you work it, keep painfully careful track of everything you try and in what order you try it.