Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   ScootDawg Forums > Performance :: Maintenance :: Technical > 50cc - 124cc

Old 07-26-2023, 03:49 PM   #1

2005 Eton Beamer Matrix Electrical Question

I just purchased an Eton Beamer Matrix. I have had a few of these in the past however the issue I am having with this one is new to me. Electrical issues are my weakest point which is why I resorted to you for help. I purchased the scooter with the ignition missing, I purchased a new ignition set online and installed it. When the key is in the "on" position on the ignition, the scooter has no contact and all the lights are off as if the key is in the off position. When the key is in the "off" position on the ignition, everything is lit up and the scooter is able to be started. This whole thing seems like its swapped electrically.

Issue with this is that you can obviously only pull the key out of the ignition in the off position. On this specific scooter, with the off being actually on, the key can be pulled out while the scooter is still running. Another thing to mention, when the horn is plugged in properly, it is constantly blaring if the scooters contact is on which also doesn't make much sense.

My guess is that the previous owner spliced some wires etc. however I do not know where to look.

Login or Register to Remove Ads